• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Its Too Damn Hot in Phoenix...

starfx6464

Awesome
Oh yes, I know the wrath that midwestern weather can bring down upon you. Thankfully, I was never in a tornado (even though they were all around where I lived, just never in my town until after I moved out). The thing I miss most living out here in western Washington, though, is a good thuderstorm. Man... It hardly ever rains hard here, it's sort of a constant drizzle when it comes. It can get very annoying.

Pianobone

Registered Member
Yeah, well- you can have all the thunderstorms here, for all I care. I like when it rains a little, but all-night T-storms are annoying, they keep all the animals up and people can't sleep.

I've been in a bunch of tornadoes, actually. 5 at least, I think. Thankfully none of them ever did any real serious damage, although one of those storms was at my grandpa's in Missouri and it ripped the side of his barn off and tore out like half the trees on his land. The house was safe though.

n65max

Registered Member
Yes, all my friends in Colorado (2) complain about it being hot a lot... Ohio is pretty cool right now, but when it gets around 90 its so terrible, cause of the humidity and all.

Rabs

Registered Member
Poor dogs. Anyway, yeah that's hot. It's a good thing you don't have high humidity added with that heat, or it would be truly unbearable. It's still way too hot though.

starfx6464

Awesome
Man, Piano, that sucks. I lived in Kansas for 14 years and never once did one come through my town nor have any really gotten any of my relatives (of course, most of mine live in Indiana). I did, however, go down with a group from my church to do a tornado clean up in Arkadelphia, Arkansas. It was preety eerie seeing a town so ripped up by a tornado. No matter how many times I hear stories about it, it always amazes me how a twister can demolish one house while leaving the neighbors practically untouched.

But man, I really would like some heavy T-storms here. It's hard to explain why, but I really, really miss them. Every time I hear a bolt of thunder, I run outside waiting for more but I almost never get it. :(

Misao

Registered Member
lol that's bout the same here

can't stand the weather here. 'cept it's probably not as bad as it would be if it was humid too. that'd suck like heck

SamusAran86

Registered Member
well, it didnt end up that bad, the Average temp for the month endind up being 98.4 degrees, only cause the month ended with a storm and cooled it off for the last few days of the month

we have had storms now for the last 3 days including this morning