• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

It's the little things that make me happy

fairyquadmother

Registered Member
because that's all I really have anymore to make me happy :p (long story, but bf may be having to move 1500 miles away for a while :( :( :( :( )

Anyway, I made a WISE investment of a box of letterpress printers blocks at a garage sale and listed 16 lots last week. Sold most of them and made a "hefty" profit on them (considering the investment anyway). It actually worked! I actually found something cheap and sold it for way more than I paid!! LOL. OK, so it's not a Disney key, but it was something!!

AND....

I sold a purse tonight. Ahhh.. made me feel better. I had 4 end with no bids, and realized (even after researching duh me) that I was putting them in a category with 9200 purses, vs another with only 300 purses. *slaps self*. Lesson learned! (relists next week).

*takes my $60 and counts it greedily in the corner next to the sewing machine*.

Mina

Registered Member
I'm so glad that that worked out for you! I wish I had the time and energy to go to a garage sale...do you think they will take kids in trade?? *ponders the thought of a night without little ones*

Hope all goes well with your purses

fairyquadmother

Registered Member
Mina said:
I'm so glad that that worked out for you! I wish I had the time and energy to go to a garage sale...do you think they will take kids in trade?? *ponders the thought of a night without little ones*
No, rarely. I've tried, trust me.

If hubs is home, get up waaaaaay early before anyone else and sneak out quietly to hit the first 5-6 by yourself LOL. I did that last year... man my kids would wake up PO'd. LOL.

iggyshotthebear

Registered Member
Early birds catch the worm :D I've actually found that going to yard sales really early can get you some nice things for not TOO much investment... but at the end of the day, people just want to get rid of the stuff and practically give it to ya if you'll just make it go away and not live at their house anymore lol

As far as takin the kids, make sure you dab some mascara underneath your eyes, frazzle your hair a little bit, yard salers have sympathy on you draggin your kids around hehehehhe Oh wait, I didnt do any of that last time... maybe I always look like that RUT ROH RAGGY :p

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
Hey Fairy, I know what you mean about the little things! Sometimes, regardless of the time invested in your project, it just feels really good to know that someone wants something YOU made!!! It kind of validates what you're doing!! I'm sure you of all people can understand what I'm trying to say! I'm sooo tired here at work, I'm only working with 1/2 a brain! :hmph: