• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

It's Official: Weiner announces his resignation

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
He just announced his resignation. I wanted to create it's own thread. I'll provide a link in a second.

What are your thoughts? Should he have resigned?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/16/anthony-weiner-resigns-scandal_n_878161.html

Let me add this. I was listening to it on the radio and you could hear people in the background saying "Pervert" and "Are you longer than 7 inches" amongst other things. Is that kind of stuff really necessary? The guy is humiliated enough and just resigned his office.

Last edited:

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I don't think that kind of stuff is necessary at all, nor was it necessary for the morning radio show on one of the Detroit stations to read the messages between him and one of his... whatever you want to call her.

Yes, I do think he should have resigned - I agree with the President about the personal distractions preventing him from serving his constituents effectively.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Here's a cartoon on the subject that's both above the belt and probing. Note the three Democratic and three Republican names associated with recent scandals. Kudos to the artist for this one.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I don't think that kind of stuff is necessary at all, nor was it necessary for the morning radio show on one of the Detroit stations to read the messages between him and one of his... whatever you want to call her.

Yes, I do think he should have resigned - I agree with the President about the personal distractions preventing him from serving his constituents effectively.
I agree. Bill Maher and Jane Lynch read some of the messages on his show and while I do find Maher too vulgar at times, I have less of a problem with it because it's cable television, rather than a morning radio show.

I wasn't a fan of Weiner's, I found him to be arrogant and much too hot-headed on the floor. He could actually be somewhat rude at times. Even though I do think he should have resigned earlier and glad he did, that kind of language at his resignation news conference is unnecessary.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
I wasn't a fan of Weiner's, I found him to be arrogant and much too hot-headed on the floor. He could actually be somewhat rude at times.
My take was very similar. It's as though he was 'bad cop' to the Gotham State's mild-mannered Senior Senator Schumer, himself not too big in the britches to knock out a broosk in the Hizzy.

Last edited: