• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

It's not funny. It's just not.

thealigator

Registered Member
A old friend of mine hated clowns. Hated them. All you would have to do is start humming the theme from the circus (I am not sure how to write down how the theme goes) so to help me with the theme and also get the point across here is Doink:

I am no longer afraid of clowns anymore. I used to be but now I think they are just stupid but come on. Look at this guy, this is freaky as shit! If I were a parent there is no way I would take my kids to something like this! There is a recognised phobia of clowns and I know it affects a lot of people.

But what are you feelings on clowns? Are they funny? Are they scary? What is going on behind those eyes? Why are they smiling ALL THE FREAKING TIME! And no! I don't want to smell your flower you weirdo get away from me!

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't care for clowns, I find them neither scary or funny.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
This is my forte here but heel Doink the Clown was such a brilliant gimmick. Matt Borne (God rest his soul) was fantastic in this character.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I never got the appeal of clowns. They freaked me out as a kid and they probably still bother me, can't say I've had a recent experience. I can't tell you what it is either, there's just something unnerving about the concept.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
As a kid I found them more creepy than funny. I suppose I can thank Stephen King's It for that. My parents really sucked monitoring what I watched as a kid so as a result I ended up watching that miniseries when I was 7 or 8. That gave me nightmares for a few weeks.

As an adult, I kinda like clowns, especially in my horror movies and books. Yeah, they can be cheesy and campy but if done right, they can be pretty effective as well.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I was never seriously clownstrophobic but I did see some totally freaky movies about clowns and I always avoid them. I also read about clowns in Europe that attack people.
The movies were really weird but I still wouldn't get all freaked if I saw one but I would totally ignore them.
Imo, they're not amusing and I'm not a fan.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was never seriously clownstrophobic but I did see some totally freaky movies about clowns and I always avoid them. I also read about clowns in Europe that attack people.
The movies were really weird but I still wouldn't get all freaked if I saw one but I would totally ignore them.
Imo, they're not amusing and I'm not a fan.
I remember reading about clowns attacking people. Wasn't that in France around Halloween?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The_Chameleon Bathroom Wall 1
Elanor Pets 20
sunrise General Discussion 2
Crypticshock Hockey 5
Shooting_Palanx Shopping 2