It's missing something.

Hiei

The Hierophant
I've been doodling this for about an hour or so and I can tell that it's missing something, but I don't know exactly what. I don't want to overdo it, but it just doesn't look done yet.

So, my question to you, is merely, what do you think it's missing. Also, this is done on the back cardboard part of any notebook in pen. Pic taken with my webcam. Shit quality, I know.

Discuss

------
God, that looks terrible. It looks WAY better in person.
------
Slightly better quality.

Last edited:

R1pperZ

Registered Member
Well what are you going for with the sketch?

I think it needs a focal point other than the castle or tombstones, maybe something closer like a gate or trail leading around the hill...

I'm going with a fancy gate and a split trail going both directions.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
I think that the sky seems rather blank if I were you I'd add some light but visible clouds it will help the picture be more focused on the center.

Maybe add just one or two more of those little pine trees.

Hiei

The Hierophant
I added more to it. Just working on getting it on here. Post for partial update.
------
I still want to add more detail to the castle. And some hills in the background. But it's coming along in my eye.

Last edited:

Duke1985

EatsApplePieShitsFreedom
Needs some man eatting trees eating villagers.

Or the kite eating tree from Peanuts, that would make me happy as well.

You definitely have a primitivism art style Hiei. It sounds like a simple style, but is actually difficult to master.
The shading on your latest update looks a lot nicer than the first two posted pics.

Hiei

The Hierophant
I neither want nor intend to have anything in the foreground. Nothing big, anyway.

Angels, I'm not entirely sure what primitivism is, but it seems to hold the connotation of Picasso. Feel like explaining better so I don't have to look it up?