• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Discuss "It's easy to lose weight"

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
. . . said by only people who have never been fat.

It's fucking hard. It's incredibly hard but it's incredibly worth it, I know. I'm in the middle of my own attempt and I'm doing good so far. However it's incredibly frustrating to hear this sort of snide, brainless commentary since these people seem to think being fat is just a switch to turn on and off. There's a lot of 'fat pride' out there and 'fat logic' I'll give them that, but I hate hearing people say that it's just that easy as saying, "Okay, I'm not going to be fat anymore."

It shows a total lack of understanding.

Thoughts?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I can lose weight easy and gain it easy. Maintaining a constant weight is what is hard for me. Last winter I gained weight and I know if I don't start dieting I will gain more. The only thing I really need to do is stop eating within 3 hours of going to bed. That is my problem. In front of the TV or computer snacking.

For me once I start dieting it takes a few days to actually lose a pound but after that I will lose it on a consistent basis.

Elanor

Registered Member
I am in the process of losing weight, it is slowly coming off, but of course not quick enough! Sometimes it feels like no matter what you do you can't shift it and it is really disheartening. People saying it is easy, in my opinion, make you feel a bit of a failure. I am trying to ignore those kinds of people, I know I am doing well as people have told me I am losing weight, so that is what counts.

penny4URthoughts

Registered Member
I've been running on the treadmill for months and eating a lot of fruits and vegetables. Even though it will take time, it's best to increase incline or better yet, increase the time you run.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I do think it can be easier for some to lose weight and tougher for others.

Like myself I can eat pretty crappy and still keep my weight down but then again, I am almost always active. If I was a bum I'd be in trouble but with that said I am not THAT bad of an eater; I try and balance things out.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I agree with you merc. though I think people can make it harder than it has to be. I think people stress out about it when they need to think about it being easy. something that's not hard or a big deal. it helps me at least.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I've never been one to eat very healthy but I've always worked out and kept active because of it. I agree it's hard to keep weight off or lose weight and if I quit being active altogether I'd be a pretty large guy. I agree, it's easier said than done.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I've found it very hard to lose weight. It seems like every time I start eating better I don't exercise enough and every time i exercise a lot I eat too much. I'ts been very difficult for me to maintain the proper balance.

dDave

V.I.P.
Losing weight wasn't the part that was hard for me when I had to do it. I once went from 155 or so to below 145 (for wrestling purposes). The part that was really hard for me was maintaining the 145 weight class limit. I was hungry all the time and that made it really difficult. I'm sure part of the problem was the fact that I was working out super hard and wasn't really taking in all that much food.

After wrestling I gained all of that back in a couple weeks time. :lol:

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I agree with Merc. Shit like "Oh, it's easy to lose weight" is always said by people who have never been fat a day in their lives.

When I was on hiatus from GF earlier this year, I saw myself balloon up to nearly 185 lbs... which is very overweight for someone with a height of 5 foot 7. It's extremely hard lose 30 goddamn pounds once you pack it on. I'm currently at around 171, which means I still have about 11 more pounds to go until my height and weight are in-sync with one another. I will say, though, that yoga and meditation are a blessing. I owe the bulk of my weight loss to that.