Movies It's A Bird! It's A Plane! It's Chris Nolan He'll Mentor Superman 3.0,Prep 3rd Batman

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Babe_Ruth, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

2. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

The last Superman movie was awful. I had a hard time staying awake, so anything involving Superman doesn't interest me, not even with Nolan in it's corner. Glad to see Batman 3 is being written, at least something good came out of clicking on this thread. Ha.

3. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

I'm excited for both. This seems like them admitting "We screwed up on Superman, so we want to bring in someone with a proven track record to help make it better".

4. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

That's exactly what they're saying. Christopher Nolan is a great directer, perfect for Batman but I don't think he'd be the best choice for helming a superman flick. Luckily he's only "mentoring", I'm not exactly sure how that will work out as a contribution to the film in the long run. Nolan does flawed heroes set in a semi realistic world quite well. The thing with the Dark Knight was that it almost seems like it couldn't be a part of the wider DC universe because of that attention to realism. It's hard to imagine Superman existing in that universe at all.

5. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

Yeah, it's hard to say what "mentoring" is going to mean. We don't exactly hear about directors being mentored when working on movies.

6. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

It's almost as if they're hoping Nolan will get roped into taking charge of the whole thing.