Movies It's A Bird! It's A Plane! It's Chris Nolan He'll Mentor Superman 3.0,Prep 3rd Batman

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The last Superman movie was awful. I had a hard time staying awake, so anything involving Superman doesn't interest me, not even with Nolan in it's corner. Glad to see Batman 3 is being written, at least something good came out of clicking on this thread. Ha.

Wade8813

Registered Member
Nolan is prepping a new Superman movie...but only as a mentor (no writing/directing duties). And WB announced that Batman 3 is officially being written...any new Nolan Batman news is good to me...

Is anyone still excited for Superman, even if Nolan is mentoring it?

It’s A Bird! It’s A Plane! It’s Chris Nolan! He’ll Mentor Superman 3.0 And Prep 3rd Batman – Deadline.com
I'm excited for both. This seems like them admitting "We screwed up on Superman, so we want to bring in someone with a proven track record to help make it better".

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
I'm excited for both. This seems like them admitting "We screwed up on Superman, so we want to bring in someone with a proven track record to help make it better".
That's exactly what they're saying. Christopher Nolan is a great directer, perfect for Batman but I don't think he'd be the best choice for helming a superman flick. Luckily he's only "mentoring", I'm not exactly sure how that will work out as a contribution to the film in the long run. Nolan does flawed heroes set in a semi realistic world quite well. The thing with the Dark Knight was that it almost seems like it couldn't be a part of the wider DC universe because of that attention to realism. It's hard to imagine Superman existing in that universe at all.

Wade8813

Registered Member
Yeah, it's hard to say what "mentoring" is going to mean. We don't exactly hear about directors being mentored when working on movies.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
It's almost as if they're hoping Nolan will get roped into taking charge of the whole thing.