iTouch Syncing

Twitch

Registered Member
Why can't you sync your iPhone/iTouch wirelessly?

You can buy and download music from the store, so if you are on the same internet connection as the computer you are synced to, why can't your iPhone just sync while sitting there?

It seems like the same type of thing.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
Well the problem with that would be that your itouch would try and connect to all networks not just one, not to mention the fact that doing it over USB is way 9way used very loosely) faster than doing it wirelessly.

A lot of people also don't have a wireless network to connect to.

Think of it this way, it takes a long time to put something on your network or upload something online right? It's faster to do it over USB.

I also can't imagine the problem that would be created if you had 2 computers right next to eachother hooked up with some special connection to do it wirelessly.

Twitch

Registered Member
I mean that you specify one network to sync to, preferably the one at home, and when you connect to that network, it asks you if you want to sync to that iTunes.

This would be optional, so people without wireless, like you said, can still sync.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
I mean that you specify one network to sync to, preferably the one at home, and when you connect to that network, it asks you if you want to sync to that iTunes.

This would be optional, so people without wireless, like you said, can still sync.
But the problem is that there is more than one itunes library usually on a network such as mine, there are at least 3 different libraries, it would be an incredibly hard system to set up if it would be doable at all, it's also good for the ipod to be getting power as it syncs, it's a guarantee that the battery won't die while syncing and ruin your ipod, I have a friend where the power went out while he was syncing and he lost everything on his itouch.

yh .. tru tru .. that is a gd idea .. i cant believe apple havnt thought of it .. it shud automatically sync while your downloading apps or music .. ? :?