• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Itching my body after shower.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
The last few months I'm having a strange problem.
I itch parts of my body[especially arms] after every shower I take.
I thought I was being allergic to shower gels so I changed a few but then the problem persisted and still does.

What am I being allergic to?
Or better, is this an allergy in the first place or what?

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Are you just changing from one shower gel to another? What were you using in the past when you weren't becoming itchy afterwards?

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I don't really remember what I've been using to be honest with you. I hardly ever buy the same shower gel twice. Part of the reason is that I get bored of the same smell/odor.

All I can say is that I've gone back to the same brand who has released a different smell. For example, I've bought almost all the "Palmolive" shower gel series but I don't really remember which of them caused the itch.

Bliss

Sally Twit
There are shower gels you can buy that are fragrance free. I'd recommend trying them. Or maybe even change the sponge you are using. That could be irritating your skin.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
There are shower gels you can buy that are fragrance free. I'd recommend trying them. Or maybe even change the sponge you are using. That could be irritating your skin.
I changed the sponge this morning and I get the same results.

:stare:

Today while itching I scratched my skin. I have scars.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Fragrance free shower gels then. Try that. If you're still having problems then go to the doctor. Maybe even the temperature of the water isn't helping. Do you have really hot showers?

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Fragrance free shower gels then. Try that. If you're still having problems then go to the doctor. Maybe even the temperature of the water isn't helping. Do you have really hot showers?
Generally I have warm to hot showers, daily. Even in the Summer.
Do you think it affects?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Your showers are probably drying out your skin, causing it to itch. Try using some moisturizing skin lotion after you get out of the shower.

BigBob

Registered Member
Like Echoes said, the shower itself may be drying out your skin if you take too hot of showers. Another thing that could be doing it because it happened to me before is whatever you're using to wash/dry your towels.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I went to the doctor today and she told me I could be allergic to the shower gels I'm using. I was given a few prescription. But I'll have to make other check ups to make sure it's not something else.
I started itching very very much today, until I scratched and hurt myself. I still the the signs. I'll have to cure it with something that the doctor recommended me.
I even got an injection today to ease me the itching.