• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Italy Travel Warnings and Safety Precautions

Carmelita

Registered Member
I am planning a trip to Italy in 2018. The travel warnings really get to me. If we let terrorists dictate where and when we can travel, are we not letting them "rule" our lives? I don't know that there are many incidents in Italy but traveling abroad is a bit worrisome.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Not all the violence is being caused by terrorists but by migrants. Italy has more than they can take care of with more coming. Which its not just them, the antifascists create their fair share of it too. Don't know what to tell you other than be careful. Who knows maybe things will be better by then.

'We're in urban warfare' Italy soldiers clash with migrants as locals 'fear for families'

In Rome, Violent Eviction of Migrants ‘Touched a Nerve’

Migrant riots break out in Rome: Man throws gas cylinder as Italy police clash in capital

Impaired

Registered Member
If you let fear run your life you will be miserable. Do the shootings in the US make you want to leave the country?

Italy is a beautiful country. The world is safer now than ever in history. That's a fact.

NellyBell

Registered Member
Italy is a beautiful country and you should go! Even though things like this can be scary, I'm a bit of a pessimist because I always think "Well, it's only going to get worse, so might as well go now." But it gives me a good kick in the butt to just do it. Just be aware of your surroundings and listen to your gut!

Carmelita

Registered Member
I do not plan to ever let terrorism rule my plans or my life. That being said, I also do not plan on putting myself in obvious danger. For instance, if I attend any outdoor events, I will be wearing body armor. 1512519454706.pngDon't laugh! Maybe you should consider it too!