Movies It started so well...

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Babe_Ruth, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

What movies that was pretty amazing for the first 15-30 minutes but after that it was total garbage? Here's a few for me:

War of Worlds: I was prety impress with the beggining but after that first 30 minutes it got extremly boring, and the ending didnt help either.

Spiderman 3: I have to add this movie in this list, I was pretty impress with the beggining but after awhile it just got so dull and boring in my opinion.

Those are just two that I can think of right now. What do you guys think.

2. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

The main one for me is the Prestige, and that didn't go bad for me until the very end.

War of the Worlds is another movie that dropped off pretty suddenly for me as well.

3. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Anchorman. I thought it was going to be hilarious until it never got much better.

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I thought Prestige turned AWESOME by the end of it. The ending was what made it the "prestige". That was the point of the movie. It followed a standard magic trick order.

For me the movie De-Ja-Vu was awesome up until the end. It should have ended much differently. I was told there is an alternate ending on the DVD somewhere but I couldn't find it.
    It needed an ironic ending. Not a happy ending.

5. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

The ending of that movie actually makes me hate it. The entire rest of the movie had me riveted, but then
    they reveal that Tesla made a fucking clone machine and that was how the trick was done the whole time. It totally ruined the entire atmosphere of the movie for me. I would have preferred if he actually had magic powers or something.

6. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

LOL, I agree Vincent but I thought that was what made it awesome. It was kind of a dark twist too.

Especially when they showed him killing each clone after the act. I just liked how it was so unexpected and turned Sci-Fi. It was an ironic twist that he was the bad guy all along and how the other guy actually had a twin who got executed. That's why I loved how Bale's character got the last laugh.

7. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Resident Evil Apocalypse started off well enough then proceeded to bomb so hard I felt like Nagasaki.