• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Israeli troops enter Lebanon

T

The Comrade

Piccolo said:
That just furthers my point Comrade, so what exactly are you trying to say?
zero population growth=a clean effective way of stablizing an exponentol birth rate
war=total devistation of countries. sometimes the world. untold grief of the hundreds of thousands killed. it pollutes. it destroys the face of the earth. it's no good in general.

therefor war is a stupid way to justify lowering the population.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

Lowering the population was not the only thing wars can do, like I have said many times before...if we did not have wars then we would not advance nearly as much in technology, yet for some reason people just cant seem to grasp that.

As for destroying the face of the Earth....that can be easily repaired.

Do not even start on pollution, people pollute every damn day, so if you wanna bitch about pollution, then bitch about that.

T

The Comrade

Piccolo said:
Lowering the population was not the only thing wars can do, like I have said many times before...if we did not have wars then we would not advance nearly as much in technology, yet for some reason people just cant seem to grasp that.

As for destroying the face of the Earth....that can be easily repaired.

Do not even start on pollution, people pollute every damn day, so if you wanna bitch about pollution, then bitch about that.

wars promote military technology. i'll give you the microwave as far as wars promoting civilian technology.

umm not really. look at the two world wars. europe was totally devistated. it took years and years to rebuild the physical damage caused by them. that doesn't included emotional damage, strained relatiosn between countries, the cold war, economic damage.

and wars pollute a shitton. obviously people pollute a lot but wars really don't help. do you think jet fuel or tank gasoline burn cleaner then cars and whatnot? they're incredibly dirty.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

Wow, you must know at nothing. I was just in Europe for that matter....beautiful place, you really cant tell a war happened when it comes to landscape.

How about the Cold War prompting us to go to the moon, go into space, computers, internet, etc, etc, etc.

Do not give me bull shit about the Cold War not being an actual war, because many skirmishes happened, and Vietnam was also part of the Cold War, especially since Soviet fighter pilots actually flew in the war.

T

The Comrade

Piccolo said:
Wow, you must know at nothing. I was just in Europe for that matter....beautiful place, you really cant tell a war happened when it comes to landscape.

How about the Cold War prompting us to go to the moon, go into space, computers, internet, etc, etc, etc.

Do not give me bull shit about the Cold War not being an actual war, because many skirmishes happened, and Vietnam was also part of the Cold War, especially since Soviet fighter pilots actually flew in the war.
the last world war happend sixty something years ago. obviously it's recovered since then.

america was planning on space exploration for some time. the fact that the russians laucnehd sputnik scared them so they rushed to get the first to the moon.

computers weren't designed because of wars. they were made to replace human computers(as in crunch numbers).

the internet was developed in switzerland as a way for scientists to share data easier and faster. it had nothing to do with a war

all of those conflicts were proxy wars.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

Exaclty, so we rushed into it, and got shit done A LOT faster.

The Pentagon used the internet, and vastly expanded it because of the instant communication ability, which they wanted to use in...you guessed it...WARS!

Computers were also heavily beefed up because of....you guessed it....WARS!

T

The Comrade

Piccolo said:
Exaclty, so we rushed into it, and got shit done A LOT faster.

The Pentagon used the internet, and vastly expanded it because of the instant communication ability, which they wanted to use in...you guessed it...WARS!

Computers were also heavily beefed up because of....you guessed it....WARS!
the russians still have the most cost effective way of launching people into space.

and what is your point? countless countries used the internet after it first came out because it was a fast way to get information around.

computer advancments have largely been by civilians who have wanted to create a faster computer that can store more and be smaller all at the same time. the military was just a leech off of this.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

Actually no...very few countries had the internet until now. The USA developed the internet into what it is today...well the Pentagon certainly helped a lot thats for sure.

The Military hired these people to make computers better there buddy.

T

The Comrade

Piccolo said:
Actually no...very few countries had the internet until now. The USA developed the internet into what it is today...well the Pentagon certainly helped a lot thats for sure.

The Military hired these people to make computers better there buddy.
like i said a lab in switzerland developed the internet. countries leeched off of it.

so the military hired civilian run companies to make computers faster better etc?

you're making things up now.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

No I am not, the military has these things called contracts with MANY civilian run companies.

The internet may have been developed there, but once again, the United States is what made the internet what it is today.