• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Israeli troops enter Lebanon

C

Cheezewiz

Oh trust me, I don't. By now you should know I believe in pacive(sp?) motives.

Hoosier_Daddy

Registered Member
Cheeze:

You've never answered my question about how you'd feel if the situation was happening in your back yard. Not the retaliation that's being wrought upon Hezbollah, but the constant attacks against Israeli citizens over the past six years. At what point would you expect your government to step up to the plate and do what needs to be done to ensure your survival?

Hoosier.

C

Cheezewiz

Ok i would deeply dislike someone if they constantly attacked my people. But while my people are being attacked, what would my people be doing? And from what I know is that Israel has been fighting these terrorists all these 6 years. They haven't been sitting there taking blows and then finally now they are pissed.
Ok so you still didn't answer my question Hoosier. Ok, so lets say your from Israel. And the terrorists are Israeli, and they are among the people. Do you think Israel would bomb its own people? If you think they wouldn't, then how would they solve their terrorist threat? And if there is an alternative, why couldn't they try to do the same to Lebanon?
Sorry my question turned into a series of questions. :p

Hoosier_Daddy

Registered Member
My true opinion is that the people of Lebanon who are not members of Hezbollah are just as complicit as Hezbollah themselves by allowing them to flourish in their country completely unchecked by the Lebanese government. I'm sorry, but your question about Israeli terrorists living among Israeli civilians being attacked by Israeli military makes little or no sense at all to me.

Hoosier.

C

Cheezewiz

Sorry, i really don't know how to clarify this. Ok let me try a different senario. Lets say, your brother was trying to kill certain people in your family. In this case the Brother equals the terrorists. Now the Dad knows someone is killing his family memebers. In this case the father equals the government. And so he doesn't know where or who the culprit is. So he starts killing all his family members to try to kill, the actual killer. Now here you are. You are the people. Are you please of your fathers actions?

Ok so now lets show a comparison. Now we have your family, and your neighbors family. Now someone from your neighbor attacks your family. So your dad gets mad, and starts killing your neighbors. Are you pleased with your fathers actions now?

The 1st senario is my question. The 2nd senario is what is happening now. This question doesn't look so pretty cause this involves family which is mroe personal. But aren't we all decendants from the same people. Now I know some of you may think otherwise. But Lebanon and Israel are mighty close to each other, so they can still have the same decendents. Making them family!
Ok sorry ignore this rambling if you want to. Is the question clearer now?

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

Cheeze, a pacifist stance does not work well. You do realzie that if it was not for the wars that the world has had we would not be even close technology wise to what we were. If there was no World War II, Korea, Vietnam, and Cold War, then you wouldnt even have the internet.

C

Cheezewiz

And we wouldn't have nukes threatening everyone too. You can believe that war will save humanity, while i can believe that war will kill humanity.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

Your whole viewpoint is one of the most ignorant view points I have ever seen. Wars are actual beneficial. If we were all little pussies who did nothing then one thing would most easily happen...that would be overpopulation. Then we'd just all starve to death....yeah thats the kind of world we need!

Weapons come with the advances in technology as well, but so didnt every fucking thing you use in your damn house as well. Appliances, etc.

T

The Comrade

Piccolo said:
Your whole viewpoint is one of the most ignorant view points I have ever seen. Wars are actual beneficial. If we were all little pussies who did nothing then one thing would most easily happen...that would be overpopulation. Then we'd just all starve to death....yeah thats the kind of world we need!

Weapons come with the advances in technology as well, but so didnt every fucking thing you use in your damn house as well. Appliances, etc.
the world is already overpopulated. people already starve to death. hundreds of thousands a year(if i'm not mistaken). zero population growth is actually much more beneficial then a war.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

That just furthers my point Comrade, so what exactly are you trying to say?