• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Israel spied on US-Iran talks

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Israel spied on US-Iran talks: report

I know countries spy on each other all the time but I think this was low of Israel to spy on these talks with Iran then play them back for congress, which Israel denies. It seems to me they are trying to undermine these talks and no matter the deal struck they will be against it.

I'm starting to wonder if Israel is our friend or if they are only our friend when we do everything they want.

Thoughts?

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I didn't get a story when I clicked on the link, just a picture of Bibi. Yes, we all spy on each other. Us spying on Angela Merkel doesn't mean we are friends with the Germans. Israel is the only ally we have in the Middle East. They aren't trying to undermine any talks, they just understand dealing with those assclowns is an exercise in fruition. Something the administration either doesn't understand or doesn't care.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't know why you didn't get the whole article I do but here is another link.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-talks-and-shared-information-with-lawmakers/

At this point we don't know what the agreement is or if any will be made if they don't want to deal. I don't want Iran to have nuclear weapons and anything less will not be acceptable to me. If our lawmakers don't like it they don't have to approve it. I think they are capable of making that decision without Israels help.

We didn't spy on Merkel then play it back to their lawmakers.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
So it's only bad if they played it back to their lawmakers? It's sad that it takes this for our Congress to know what our president is doing. It seems so much for efficient when all the branches of government work together rather than working on their own. Why go through the motions of negotiating a deal that may not be approved anyway? Seems like a colossal waste of time and resources without doing so. That's like me working out a deal without even talk to my client knowing that it's up to my client to approve or disapprove of any deal. Not only is it wasteful, it's unethical and illegal.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
So you consider this a good thing.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
What I consider good is Congress knowing what is being negotiated; as 1) the president has no authority to negotiate anything unilaterally; 2) As a co-equal branch of government Congress has every right to know. What I consider bad is 1) the president has been acting unilaterally; 2) we were spied on. The second we have some control over but the fact remains countries spy on each other, that isn't exactly newsflash material. The first is just sad as our president acts like a petulant child and either doesn't give a shit about the Constitution or does what he wants anyway.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have to agree that the president doesn't seem to give a shit about the constitution. Have to wonder if the next one will.

I hope he is keeping congress informed on what is going on with these negotiations. It is his duty not Israels to do so.

Yes countries spy on each other all the time. What we usually don't do is show our findings to their lawmakers.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
For one, we don't know that. That's relying on the media not being truthful or not doing their job, or them not knowing. It would be difficult for them to know that anyway. Secondly, sharing it with lawmakers can be a good or bad thing, and has no effect on whether spying is good or bad.