Israel preparing strike against Iran

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Xeilo, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Source: Israel preparing strike against Iran - report | World Breaking News | News.com.au

Discuss your views on this.

2. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

What purpose does it serve to announce in advance (six months) an attack with specific time frame and target? My first thought is to agree with the Iranian foreign minister that it's just a part of the psychological/media warfare. Wouldn't it be scary if they think it's legitimate and the Iranians strike preemptively (even though we know they'd like to do it for some other reasons)?

3. salsanchezfan

salsanchezfan Registered Member

If you wanna be destroyed by Russia and China, Israel, attack Iran.

4. Mufone

Mufone Registered Member

i think the nukes are about to come out to tell the truth. them or something bigger and better /:

will be cool to see but i hope it dosnt happen

5. Stab-o-Matic5000

Stab-o-Matic5000 Cutting Edge in Murder

Yeah, no shit. Israel attacking Iran alone is quite possibly the dumbest thing they could do. I'm thinking it's mainly just political posturing on Israel's part.

6. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

I read about Russia found out Israel was planning on using the Georgia airbase during an attack on Iran and that was the reason for the airstrike on Georgia. Interesting idea. :confused: The problem as I understand it is Iran is just a little too far away for Israel. They were very efficient with Iraq some 20 years ago, but the extra few hundred miles is just too much for the Israel air force.

7. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

[​IMG]

Guess who has the biggest friends coming to the table?

Well, Israel bombed Iraqi nuclear facilities in the 1980's, so it was pretty obvious that this was already planned for Iran.

It's not really media warfare if they're actually going to do it. Israel doesn't make idle threats, they never have.

8. Xeilo

Would be interesting to see what Iran will respond with if this does happen, but really I hope nothing happens because it will just start more crap in the world that we don't need, more people dieing, and maybe even other countries getting involved if it gets to big. Who knows this could even be the beginning of something bigger, considering they have nukes.

9. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

I could see the U.S. getting pulled into that mess...

10. Xeilo

That is exactly what I have been thinking, and then they will prob end up asking for support.