• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Islanders get Vanek...

Rehmo

its basically 2 draft picks for a rental player.... I dont see either player being there next year, but well see.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
People complaining about the Islanders getting rid of two picks need to realize the islanders have been developing young talent for 10 years now. Vanek might not re-sign but at least you they're trying to make a playoff push rather then settle for 9th or barely make it.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Buffalo will probably ship Moulson at the deadline, if they are smart, for additional draft picks. If I were them, I'd aim for 2014 1st round draft picks on any trade I make. Load up on the 1st rounders for Connor McDavid and Aaron Ekblad! ;)

StroShow

V.I.P.
Apparently Moulson ain't a happy camper...I wouldn't be either if I lost the guy who was setting up his 30 goals. But like Cryps mentioned, he'll eventually get traded so just suck it up. And of course Moulson scored right away.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
He just scored another. 2 goals in his first game. They were down 4-1. Now 4-3.

StroShow

V.I.P.
“@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Another wrinkle in the Vanek deal: if the 1st round pick NYI sent Buff ends up top 10 in June, Isles have option to defer the pick to 2015”

Told everyone not to get carried over with the draft picks. Now I have evidence to back up my opinion.