• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Islanders fans to walkout

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Looks like the New York Islanders' fan had enough of their team and will plan a walk out. Will be interesting to see if this actually happens.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I totally understand their frustration since Team Management have been a joke for several years. But, is this possible walk-out going to change anything in the front office and how they deal with the deal?

I doubt it.

Also, the team is moving to Brooklyn next season. So, they don't really care about the fans from Rhodes Island ;)

Crypticshock

Registered Member
This movement is all about Wang and Snow; they hope it has no reflection on how they feel about the team/players. Also... If you have 80-90% of the people that went to the game walk out? It will be on media outlets everywhere. That's some pretty bad press... and it is not the kind of press where you can say "bad press is good press"...

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
willge87 said:
I don't think they're going to start "trying" until the team is firmly ensconced in Brooklyn.
That's what I'm thinking also. Which is why I said they won't really care if they do actually walk out. Yes, it's bad press, but the team is relocating which gives them a fresh new start so to speak.

Sabby

Bizzy said:
willge87 said:
I don't think they're going to start "trying" until the team is firmly ensconced in Brooklyn.
That's what I'm thinking also. Which is why I said they won't really care if they do actually walk out. Yes, it's bad press, but the team is relocating which gives them a fresh new start so to speak.
It's a damn shame. The Islanders have such a proud history and for their fan base to be treated like garbage and reduced to this, well it's pretty sad. Hoping Brooklyn provides a fresh start, but you gotta feel for the loyal fans in Long Island.

Now if they could get Zack Ryder to lead the walkout, I'd be thouroughly entertained.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Fans buy the tickets so they have the right to do what they want during the game. If they want to boo, they can boo and if they want to walkout, well they can walkout. I actually wanted this to happen with every real after the lockout ended, but it clearly didn't happen. I see the same failure in New York.

VJ_Sportsgeek

Yea cant see this happening. Theres been a lot of circumstances where stuff like this is said and no one follows it. Its usually a way just to scare management if u will by the fans, but it doesnt work