• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

ISIS destroys 3000 year old artwork.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
They raided a museum in Mosul and destroyed ancient artwork using sledgehammers and power tools. They said it promoted idolatry so they smashed them. These items will forever be lost to history because of these morons. Of course some of this artwork was good enough to sell on the black market to finance their bloody agenda.

I guess blowing up the library and destroying rare manuscripts yesterday wasn't enough for them. They seem intent on wiping out anything that they deem against their perverted translation of Islam.

ISIS thugs take a hammer to civilisation: Priceless 3,000-year-old artworks smashed to pieces in minutes as militants destroy Mosul museum | Daily Mail Online

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know, it just breaks my heart they destroyed this museum. So much is lost forever. Its not like you can make another one. They are monsters that want to destroy everything in their path.

Heaven help us if they ever do this to the pyramids or the Sphinx. Then there is Gobekli Tepe in Turkey. I think of other things in that part of the world when I think about them destroying this museum and all those manuscripts.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Thanks for the heads up. They WONT get invitations to any of MY parties!
I mean why cant they just smash pumpkins like everyone else? Museums and libraries totally are over the top! Too weird. Dead!

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well if destroying the museum wasn't bad enough they have bulldozed the ancient city of Nimrud. It was founded in the 13th century BC. They expect the world heritage site of Hatra to be next. They are going to keep it up until nothing historical is left, monsters.

IS 'bulldozed' ancient Assyrian city of Nimrud, Iraq says - Yahoo News

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
They want the Sphinx and pyramids destroyed also. A Kuwaiti preacher and a member of ISIS have called for this. I can't imagine Egypt without them, hope some nut doesn't do it.

BTW they believe the nose was shot off the sphinx by a Muslim in the 14 century after he learned some peasants worshiped it, not Napoleon.

http://rt.com/news/239093-islamist-calls-destroy-pyramids/

Knight_of_Albion

Registered Member
The Taliban destroyed the beautiful Buddhas of Bamiyan didn't they. I guess that's what gave ISIS the idea.
Mind you I dare say Roman Catholicism did its share of the same over the centuries....

All very sad.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
The Sphinx is really cool but I dont worship it.
That said, its a lot like the gun control debates. Its not the statue thats making idol worship - its people. And even if all the statues were destroyed then people would just build more.
The average ISIS IQ must be zero if they think they can kill other religions by smashing statues. It doesnt work that way.

What would be so cool is if people used 3D printers to make tons of new statues and stuff and plant them all over Iraq and Syria. Then ISIS would be so busy smashing statues they wouldnt have time to fight! Problem solved! LOL! :D