Isiah Praises Colangelo For Bargnani Pick

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Canoe -
Isiah Thomas gave praise to Bryan Colangelo for the selection of Andrea Bargnani.

"Great shooter, great scorer," Thomas said. "The way they're trying to play and the way they're moving, I think he was the perfect choice for them because he can stretch the defence, he's a good passer, a good ball handler. As time goes on, he's going to be a different type of player."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/43560/20061203/isiah_praises_colangelo_for_bargnani_pick/

C

Celtic Fan

talk about the kiss of death.. isiah liking your pick

(fine fine, he does have a decent eye for talent, he did draft Camby and stoudamire in T.O., but he's still a sucky GM)

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I would agree that he's not the best General Manager, because of is recent draft picks where questioned by scouts and others. But like you've mention he did draft good players when he first started with the Raptors organization. Also I would have to agree with Thomas on this one, a lot of people say they should of taken Morrison, but Bargnani is the best and wisest choice in the long run.

C

Celtic Fan

Bargnani is showing some really good signs and is starting to get some minutes.
The Raptors are not challenging for a title this year, so give him some burn and let him learn on the court a bit at a time without overwhelming him.
Bringing in other Euro players with experience is helping him and the team too.
I think he's gonna be a pretty darn good player in 2-3 years time.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I totally agree with you. People were bashing him at first because he wasn't doing anything productive, but Sam Mitchell was probably forced to play him(which I am glad about) and with the minutes he's getting he's producing. Like I said he's improving every game and at the end of this season he as the potential to be the top rookie in this years class. In 2-3 years the Raptors will be very scary with Bosh, Ford and Bargnani we just got to be patient and everything should work out.

C

Celtic Fan

lets just hope Ford works on his jumper over the summer...

B

bargnani7

ford is not really a person that would take a jump shot...more of a player that would drive in for the easy lay up or go in and pull up from maybe 14 ft.

R

ReggieMiller31

isiah thomas has killed the knicks..they should ban his stupid ass from the league.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I would have to disagree with you on that one Reggie, I think that Isiah has done great things with the Knicks this season, who thought they would have 19 wins this season, not me that's for sure, now I believe this team will only improve, because they do have good young talented players like Frye and Robinson. So I think this team will be back to there glory days in a few years. They just need to draft smartly, and do go in the free agency pool.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
It's really awesome to see other General Manager give Andrea Bargnani praises like this. Everytime I watch Raptors ball, Chuck always says that the General Manager of the team there playing that night is really impressed with Bargnani's play, and that it was a good pick for Brian. I have to agree with all those GM's. But he can't stop improving.