Is zo the best backup center?

Discussion in 'NBA' started by onez88888888, Jun 29, 2006.

1. onez88888888

onez88888888 Guest

I think he is. Look at the last game in the finals. All those blocks and he scored a lot of points for a backup. What do you think?

2. RajaB

RajaB Guest

zo is probably the best back-up..he has the rebounding, blocking and the right body and height

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I think at the end of the season Anderson Varajao was a very good back up to Big Z with the Cavaliers, he will only get better in my mind. But it's hard to disagree with you that Alonzo wasn't the best back up center even though I hate him so much.

4. Midnight

Midnight Guest

Alonzo Mourning would start for pretty much any other team. Before that calf injury, he was cruising and really helping out the Heat. Zo is actually a starter but in his role with the Heat he's easily the best backup any center could have.

5. Wankster

Wankster Guest

Yes. He is the best center in the National basketball association. He gets the job done.

6. Midnight

Midnight Guest

Well, let's not go overboard now with championship fever. Shaq still rules the paint.

7. Kobe101

Kobe101 Guest

Yao domiantion is coming. Did anybody see him after the all star break?

8. scottmcgrady

scottmcgrady Guest

Yeah i do think Zo is the best backup center. He could start for most teams if he didn't have the surgery. He can pretty do all the things you want from a center and he's getting on now.

9. Midnight

Midnight Guest

I just watched a movie about his rookie year. Apparently in Chinese culture, you're not supposed to dominate your foes. This is probably why he played so softly in his earlier years.

Thats the Yao I like. I loved watching him play and dominate the paint after the All-star break. The great wall of china will rule the NBA once Shaq Daddy retires. He'll be something next year, only if he's aggressive.