• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Is your home alarmed?

Bliss

Sally Twit
If you were unfortunate enough to have an intruder enter your house, would they be greeted by an alarm?

I live in a block of flats and you need a special key to get in the main door so I don't really worry about that. Having said that, I know someone could walk in behind a tenant if they really wanted. I wouldn't be allowed one even if I wanted one as they don't let you do anything like that to the flats. Still, it's not something I worry about.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Yeah my house is alarmed and is turned on and off by a key code inside my front door. We sometimes forget to turn it off when we get home and walk in only to have a massive alarm start blaring at us. Of course whenever this happens the person who did it just says they were "testing" to make sure it still works.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
If you were unfortunate enough to have an intruder enter your house, would they be greeted by an alarm?

I live in a block of flats and you need a special key to get in the main door so I don't really worry about that. Having said that, I know someone could walk in behind a tenant if they really wanted. I wouldn't be allowed one even if I wanted one as they don't let you do anything like that to the flats. Still, it's not something I worry about.
Same here. My flat itself isn't with an alarm. But to reach it though, you have to pass by the compound gate (need a digi code for that) and then the main building door (another digi code for that) and then the door between the lobby and the elevators (you need a key or have someone in the bldg buzz you in). You're right though, they could just get in behind a tenant if they wanted to pass all these. Then they have to get to my door which is massive and you have to break it even if you want to pick the lock (I leave the keys inside so the only way to open it is break the door itself). The intruder must be really desperate to get in my house to do those and I'm not even rich. :lol: He might as well get to the higher floors (penthouse).

So I don't worry much about that even if I live alone with my 3 young ones.

ATARIGUY

Beermister
I live in an apartment with no alarm but I have a small dog who loves EVERYONE !!

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
My dorm complex is fully alarmed, but we have to swipe to get in, so you would need a card key to get in.

My home is not alarmed, but it is perfectly safe. I live in a safe neighborhood.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Well... the alarm still works.

I woke up this morning, rolled out of bed, walked out of my room only to have the alarm start blaring at me. Apparently the folks had gone to work and forgotten my existence and turned the alarm on while I was sleeping.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Hopefully no potential robbers are reading this thread because no, my house does not have an alarm on it.

Maybe I should change that but to be honest my neighborhood is kinda quiet and peaceful and there's a police station close by. But still, better safe then sorry I guess.