Is your fate responsible for what you are?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zombi, Aug 16, 2010.

1. zombi

zombi Registered Member

From a long time I wished to ask this question to everyone.
    To me destiny plays a big roll for what you come through in life.

2. idisrsly

idisrsly I'm serious V.I.P. Lifetime

No. I believe quite the opposite actually. What you are determines your fate.

3. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

I don't believe in fate and I don't believe in destiny. I believe that you are the master of your own destiny and you can make your life anything that you want it to be. But if you don't take control of your life, and you just let yourself go into cruise control, I'd say that great things are probably not in your future.

I strongly believe that no one is going to do anything for you, so you have to do everything yourself. And if you don't do whatever it is that you want to be doing, you'll feel like your life is meaningless and actually be more tempted to believe in fate, because you'll be making a self fulfilled prophecy.

CaptainObvious likes this.
  4. zombi

zombi Registered Member

Plz pardon me for this vague idea.
    Would not a farmer' child get ample opportunity to showcase his/her talent if he or she was borned 2 a well 2 do family.

5. Hissa

Hissa Registered Member

I believe in fate..
    Everything happen to us & everything we do is because of our fate..
    Suppose you had a very close friend but he/she died....is not his/her death because of fate?
    Of course, it is his/her fate...
    Also,suppose you are a student & you have recently finished high school...and just before you apply to university your mother got very sick..and you needed to stay beside her all the time & you could not go to college & have the time to study..
    Is not all this because of fate?
    But this does not mean that I believe that we should not do anything & leave everything to fate...because sometimes it is you who bring joy & sadness to your life because of the way you behave & control your actions..

6. Bubbles

Bubbles I ♥ Haters

I personally don't believe in destiny or fate, reason being that I believe we are who we are because of the choices we make in life. We create our own fate and destiny by our choices and actions.

7. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

This is exactly how I feel. My direction in life is not controlled by any force. There are always variables that we can't control; a few of them would be natural disasters, death, and so on.

8. Daemonic

Daemonic Registered Member

I don't believe in destiny, only probability.

9. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

I don't think that those are good examples. For instance, your friend could have been murdered by a serial killer simply by pure chance. Your friend could have also got an infection and never went to the hospital to get antibiotics. I wouldn't say that either is a case of fate.

And if your mom gets sick right before you go to college and you stay home to help her, that's your choice. You don't have to do that. If you decide to not go to college to help your mother, that's your choice, that's not fate.

I would say that fate is something that is going to happen no matter what you do to the situation. In fact, the only thing that I can say is fate, is death. There is absolutely nothing that we can do to stop death. All we can do is postpone it, but it's still going to happen.

10. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I do believe in fate but not in a way that it dictates your life. The kind of fate I believe in is more like a guideline of life. Some people are naturally lucky and have good things happen to them. Some people, no matter how hard they work, seem to be stuck. I know people like this in real life.

I'm not saying everything is out of your control, but some things may seem to go very smoothly for you and vice versa because it's your "fate".

and by no means am I saying you shouldn't try to better yourself or your situation. Everything can be better with hard work. It's just the ease at which things come and go for you can be out of your control.