• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Is voting rigged?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was listening to The Howard Stern show this morning on my way to work, and he was talking about how he needed to go vote tonight. Then he started saying that he believes that voting is rigged when it comes to Politics.

What are your thoughts, do you believe voting for Politicians is rigged or honest?

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Well I made a thread already about how shitty voting machines are and how they have basically zero regulation. On top of that, you could complain that with the electoral college, things are messed up already. So do I believe it's "rigged" so to say? No, but I think the system is delicate enough and poorly constructed that it would be easy to fuck with it.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I agree the system is screwed up to the point it can be easily manipulated. And I guess its always been like that. However, you'd think in the 21st Century a lot of these problems would be fixed.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Well I made a thread already about how shitty voting machines are and how they have basically zero regulation. On top of that, you could complain that with the electoral college, things are messed up already. So do I believe it's "rigged" so to say? No, but I think the system is delicate enough and poorly constructed that it would be easy to fuck with it.

Pretty much what Constatine said. The electoral college system is messed up and I believe it should be the majority of votes to win. That way candidates won't focus all there time in one state and barely visit another. It should be decided by the majority, but it is what it is though.

konboye

Registered Member
You guys have one of the best electoral systems in the world, so I don't think an election could be rigged, not as easy as you think. There would have to be some help from the electoral body itself. And that would mean a lot of people getting involved, so one way or the other its will eventually be exposed. But when it comes to Africa, we know rigging, believe me. We do it openly, and you can't even say a damn thing about it, thats if you like your life.