• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Is this the perfect opportunity to trade Plekanec?

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Tomas Plekanec is on quite a hot streak right now. If I'm not mistaken, he has 7 points in his last four games and a total of nine of the season. You pretty much know what you get with Pleks, he's reached his ceiling IMO but with him playing so hot right now would check the market on his value, and if the right deal comes along you pull the trigger?

Sabby

I really don't see the point IMO. Trading Plecks isn't going to make you any better...or any worse. You've got a solid young core of guys playing good hockey right now. Unless you're putting him into a package, I don't see the value in trading him straight up.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
No, I never understood your fascination with trading Plekanec. He's the best two-way player on the Canadiens. Trading him would make the team worst, especially on the penalty kill. You keep him. He's a good player to have on your team, he brings all the intangibles to the club.

TORHABSFAN

HELL NO!!!! Pleks is the most underrated player on this team and among the most underrated in the league. This team flat out NEEDS him.

Everyone likes to look at goals and assists but Plek's game is so much more than just stats. Dude is a great two way centre the best this team has. He plays in all situtaions and is our best Penalty Killer. We all love Lars Eller and see lots of potential. But the league has woken up and scene this too.. now Lars is facing stiff compition with teams top D pairings. As a result is production has slown. The good nes is Pleks has picked up the slack.. we have 2 lines going and we need the balanced attack. With out pleks Lars is shut down and we can't rely on DD to be the 2nd wave of offence. Without Pleks we are a much worse Denfensive team and we would have the worst PK in the league.

Pleks is among this teams MVPs most fans just don't realize it because his Value doesn't blow you away on the stat sheet. The time will come to trade Pleks but we are not there not even close. When Galchenyuk bcomes a domminat #1 centre and you can put Lars as a great 2 way #2 and you have good line mates for both of them then you can trade pleks but as good as the kids look they are not ready just yet. Maybe in a year or two but not this season.

Ofcorse if a stupidly crazy awesome deal is handed to you, then you do it but that goes for any player at any time.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
You'd trade DD before Plekanec. I hate, HATE, hearing his name in trade talks. It's crazy and insane. It's Crazane!

Plekanec over the last 3+ seasons has not had a solid line. He's been paired with a few floaters and a bunch of guys always injured.

He's easily the best two way player on the team... evident by the amount of short handed break aways he seems to find himself in to.

Plekanec + Bournival + ?????

This is what Plekanec needs. Gifted players with determination to get shit done. He has to play with them night in and night out. We have not seen a true Plekanec season in Montreal in a long time. He always kills when he plays an international game because he gets paired with skilled players. Reason why so many people wanted to see Jagr come to Montreal because him and Plekanec have played amazing together.

StroShow

V.I.P.
Defence is one of the teams biggest weakness right now. So you're all telling me if a defenceman of Plekanec's calibre becomes available you wouldn't pull the trigger?

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Nope. I am not in it for one year. Long haul. We got the defence on the way up. Pateryn, Beaulieu and Tinordi along with Gorges, Subban, Diaz and Emelin = Pretty fucking good start!

StroShow

V.I.P.
Crypticshock said:
Nope. I am not in it for one year. Long haul. We got the defence on the way up. Pateryn, Beaulieu and Tinordi along with Gorges, Subban, Diaz and Emelin = Pretty fucking good start!
Please do not put good defence and Diaz in the same sentence ever again lol. You're right, I don't know why I want the Habs to trade Plekky so bad..actually love the guy. I guess I have a gut feeling that the return could benefit the Habs in different areas of their team.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Diaz is bi-polar. Some nights he's fantastic. Other nights... It's like he's stuck in kindergarten for defense.