Is this normal?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Wade8813, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

I walked home from the library in the rain. When I got home, I dried my laptop off, but the keyboard was completely spazzing - it wouldn't type, then it'd type letter I hadn't told it to, etc. This went on for a few hours, and I was resigned to going to a shop to get it fixed. My keyboard had gotten a little wet before with no problem, so I was a little confused, but figured moisture was the culprit.

I started playing chess on it, since that doesn't require a keyboard, and I pressed 'x' to exit, since I forgot my keyboard wasn't working. It worked!

Did the water mess it up? And did it start working suddenly because the water suddenly evaporated? Or was something else going on?

2. Duke1985

Duke1985 EatsApplePieShitsFreedom

Alot of times if electronics get wet you can try them out and they work just fine. I've had it happen with phones, ipods, and the like.

3. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

If the keyboard works fine now then I'd just leave it and don't get it wet again, under the keyboard in a laptop there are a lot of things much more important than the keyboard that can get wet.

Someone spilled water on my last keyboard and it ruined it, I wasn't too happy about that.

Bottom line, don't get it wet again. :lol:

4. Wade8813

Great - a laptop I can't take anywhere during the spring, fall, or winter...

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  5. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Can't you get a good waterproof case for it?

6. Wade8813

Prolly, but those cost like $50, and I have no income, so I'm trying to avoid expenditures like that... :-/