Is this anime???

Discussion in 'Anime' started by KLaZik_BEATz, Nov 22, 2008.

1. KLaZik_BEATz

KLaZik_BEATz Registered Member

I saw this last night and was wondering if this was anime
    If it is...is there more like this
    If its not...is there any like this

side note: i looked up anime and it says that it is just the Japanese word for animation so i am wondering if that means that all cartoons are anime?

Warning: parental advisory
    YouTube - Boondocks

2. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Although "anime" is a Japanese term for animation, outside of Japan it's mostly referring to "animation that originated in Japan". (Although in France we call anime, manga...go figure. :lol:) Anyway, this Boondocks is from the US, therefore not anime.

3. Barbara

Barbara Ess Tii Eph Yu V.I.P. Lifetime

No that would not be constituted as anime by the standard use of the word today. Anime is used more so to describe Japanese Cartoons in general. Some that you would know of or at least heard of would be Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Speed Racer (The original. Not that remade junk), Dragon Ball Z, Sailor Moon. Anime generally represents an art style when used to make the animation itself. Big eyes, very expressive, Crazy hair colors to help distinguish characters. Now that's not to say that all anime follows those principles it is a general guidline of sorts. The current style of anime in Japan was actually inspired by Walt Disney's cartoons. There is also a debate as to wether or not shows like Avatar: The Last Air Bender falls under the category of anime. The style is similar but it is an american made medium. Hope that helped Klazik.

4. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

Well, if you're in japan, yes, all cartoons are anime. In the US, anime are japanese cartoons

Last edited: Nov 22, 2008
  5. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Their eyes aren't nearly huge enough to be qualified as anime :p although that one guy's fro is almost ridiculous enough....

6. KLaZik_BEATz

7. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

Last edited: Nov 22, 2008
  8. KLaZik_BEATz

Yeah its from kill bill

but is it a real show that they just put in the movie or is there a show like this?

9. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

Apparently Tarantino must have gone to an anime studio to make that part of the movie. (Explains why I've seen anime that look a lot like it)

10. PentaCube

PentaCube Registered Member

Yeah, love boondocks. You might want to look into afro samurai too, Samuel L. Jackson does voice work in that, just like he does work in boondocks (hes one of the white rich kids, lol).