In accordance with our major database relocation, we are currently having major
adjustments and updates of user accounts to verify that the
informations you have provided with us during the sign-up process are true and
correct. However, we have noticed some discrepancies regarding
your account at Paypal. Possible causes are inaccurate contact information and
invalid logout process.
We require you to complete an account verification procedure as part of our
security measure.

You must click the link to complete the process.

URL removed

Please Note

Unable to do so may result to abnormal account behavior during transactions.

We thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. Please understand that
this is a security measure intended to help protect you
and your account.We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,
PayPal Account Review Department
PayPal Email ID PP560

Last edited by a moderator:

lilys_things

Registered Member
tonyspoker said:
NO! Absolutely not! Forward it to [email protected]
I did that already , before I came in here to ask..
But when I went to paypals main page (not that link) I could not sign in??

Then I went back to that link and clicked it to sign in (just testing it) I typed in my user name as doyouthingkiamstupid.com
password: ugly words
It said that did not match out data base?

The email address you have entered does not match our records. Please try again. If you're not sure you have a you can try to sign up again.

any ideas? COULD it be real?
I have not heard back from spoof yet..

Last edited:

Julie

Registered Member
Ummm...you could try calling PayPal. I don't know if they're open today with the holiday, but it's worth a shot: 1-888-221-1161
Lily, I keep [email protected] & [email protected] saved in my addresses in my Outlook Express. Whenever I get an email that doesn't look right or doesn't seem right...I forward it. Another trick is when your looking at the email, go under "File", then "Properties", then "Details". Look at the email addresses in their. If it's from PayPal or eBay, it will have an email address of [email protected] or [email protected]. These fake ones, like this one, will have some email you've never seen or heard of. Plus, PayPal sends emails addressing you by name, not Dear PayPal User or Dear PayPal Customer.

lilys_things

Registered Member
tonyspoker said:
Ummm...you could try calling PayPal. I don't know if they're open today with the holiday, but it's worth a shot: 1-888-221-1161
Lily, I keep [email protected] & [email protected] saved in my addresses in my Outlook Express. Whenever I get an email that doesn't look right or doesn't seem right...I forward it. Another trick is when your looking at the email, go under "File", then "Properties", then "Details". Look at the email addresses in their. If it's from PayPal or eBay, it will have an email address of [email protected] or [email protected]. These fake ones, like this one, will have some email you've never seen or heard of. Plus, PayPal sends emails addressing you by name, not Dear PayPal User or Dear PayPal Customer.
This is the IP it came from:
Then also in the source is:
(helo mailhost6.sjc.ebay.com)by

***Just recieved a confirmation from spoof..
Dear ,

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

We appreciate you bringing this suspicious email to our attention. We
can confirm that the email you received was not sent to you by PayPal.

Spoof said "Dear" and not Dear lilys_things.. *LMAO*

Thanks!! :)
I looked at all the Ip's in the mail, some did link back to ebay, it was strange..

Last edited:

Julie

Registered Member
Yeah, forwarding to spoof is always your best bet. I usually get a response back within an hour, and 9 times out of 10 it's a fake email.

iggyshotthebear

Registered Member
Personally, I never visit any PayPal or eBay links that are given to me in my email... I ALWAYS open a new browser and go to the page directly by typing in the URL. :) It's just safer that way.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've received several customized spoof emails mentioning my high profile auctions even. People are so stupid who send these things. They are facing serious legal problems if they are cought. How fun.