• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Is there such a thing as "Women's Work"?

Is there such a thing as "Women's Work"?

• There are a lot of things that women should leave to men

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Women should confine their activities to the kitchen, bedroom and laundry

• Other

• Total voters

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
We always hear people say that's "Women's Work" when it comes to certain task(washing the dishes for an example)

Do you believe in this?

Read the poll options before answering the question.

Reactions: Sim

Sim

Registered Member
I've chosen "women can do anything men can do", although I'd qualify that a little:

It's true that usually, in general, there are things most women can do better than most men, and some things most men can do better than most women, and even more things where the gender doesn't play a role at all.

For example, I think usually, women are ultimately better at giving birth to a child or breast feeding a child, than most men. :p

And, although less often, many men are usually better suited to do particular tasks that require physical strength, although there are exceptions. Professional male athletes, for example, usually score better results than female athletes. And there are men, who once were women, who are officially recognized as male, yet can give birth.

But when we look at the individual and not average numbers, we see that there are individuals that don't fit into the role and defeat the average. There are some women who cannot give birth and breast feed children. Professional female athletes are probably still stronger and/or quicker than non-professional, average men. There are men and women with handicaps that keep them from doing what their gender usually does better.

So when I am moving and need people to help me carrying furniture and boxes, I'll probably ask male friends first, rather than most of my female friends. Just because in average, they are stronger and can thus carry more. But there are exceptions. When I have a female friend who I know is very sportive, I might ask her first, before I ask male friends who I know are couch potatoes. :nod:

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Woooooooooo! Woooooooooo! What would Ric Flair say about this thread. "Leave the dishes to the misses!" LOL! But all seriousness I voted that women can do anything that a man can do. Me and my girl always take turns washing dishes, driving, paying, etc...etc. Women are can pretty much do everything what men can do.

Reactions: Sim

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
HAHA! At the Ric Flair quote.

I voted for women can do what men can do, but I agree with Sim approach on the matter. There's some things that men can do better then women can, and they're other things that women can do better then men can.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Enters woman. Also, enters the only one so far to vote for "Women can do most things that men can do but some physical tasks are best left to men ". Most of you are saying that exact thing though anyway so I am not really sure why you voted otherwise.

I actually hate this argument though. It groups both men and women in a majority. There are exceptions to both sides. There are women who can do what men can't do and vice versa. But for the sake of this thread, my vote is in!

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
Haha yeah, I laughed at how the only males and females, inc. myself, to vote so far have voted the way that they have (wow I'm so great at explaining).

I agree with Idi and the others though, you can't really over-generalize like that because there will always be exceptions. Though as mentioned, men are more biologically adapted to carry out certain tasks. Doesn't always apply, but still.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I went with...

Women can do most things that men can do but some physical tasks are best left to men

Women can do anything a man can do but yeah, lots of expections and lots of gray areas IMO. I mean, there are men who can't do some of the physical things another man can do and maybe there's a woman who can do some of the physical things. It's hard to say and I feel like I'm talking in circles haha.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I think men can do what women can do but women can't do everything men do. There are tasks that need a physical force and this belongs mostly to men.
Regarding washing the dishes or any other house chores can be perfectly done by both.

JaneSmith

Registered Member
Women birth babies. That's the coolest thing ever!
Women also bellydance. It's a beautiful art that was developed to strengthen birthing muscles. Women teach other women and it's an amazing bonding experience.

Men are missing that Y chromosome... makes them the weaker sex but they are nice to have around.

And yes, I like to fish and drink beer, and I can pee off the side of a boat.

Last edited:

Dabs

Registered Member
Most men have more brawn and since some chores demand more brawny power, they are best left to the men.
Women however, have plenty of work that men never do, or dislike doing, or bitch about doing....one of them being, changing a baby's shitty diaper~
That usually ends up being "women's work".