• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Question Is there such a thing as love at first sight?

whiteraven

Registered Member
To often people I've talked to say there is such a thing as love at first site. Do you think there is?
I have a hard time believing in that, partly because it hasn't happened to me.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I've fallen in love with many 'sites' in my day, especially General Forum.

On a serious note, I don't believe in love at the first site. If you think such thing exists, it's not love, it's pure lust.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I have never experienced it and I think that it is only used as an expression. The only way I see this being remotely possible is if you see that person doing something that you are passionate about for a long period of time like helping the needy or something like that.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Love at first site? No. That's ridiculous. But there is definitely lust at first sight. Haha. I've definitely experienced that a time or two.

Last edited:

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I think there is such a thing, but only in rare situations. I'm no hopeless romantic, but there is bound to be one person in your life in which it isn't lust at first sight, but indeed true love.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I imagine there can be, but it's rare and not something I've experienced. I can't discount it though as that would be arrogant. It's not something I think I will ever find, and that's fine.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
No, I have never experienced it and I don't think it really exists. Just like GB said, it's just an expression. It doesn't really make sense. Love takes time and surely it doesn't happen in a second.
Yeah, lust can happen though.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Shut up, Wade!

Why have so many of you said 'site' when you know that's not correct? You need a slap.

There is no such thing as love at first sight because being attracted to someone does not equal love. What happens when the person gets older and they no longer look like the person you found to be so perfect? You need to be compatible on a much deeper level. You need to be able to trust the person for one. And you can't see someone and instantly know they can be trusted.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
Literally, there is no way you can love someone based on sight alone, not to mention first sight, unless you're some kind of psychic. :rolleyes:

If you redefine what your idea of love is, then maybe, but we all know it's the mushy kind.