is there a solution to my hurting braces

yesterday i went to the orthodontist yeterday and had my braces fitted but i got to wear a headgear for 8 hours a day but it hurts my teeth and jaw can anyone help please

Iris

rainbow 11!
A head brace? I doubt any doctor still uses that. I smell lie, but anyway.

Just take some pain killers, that's the only thing you can really do.

Blueyes

Registered Member
I didn't think they still wore headgear either. I had like this football mouth piece I wore at night. Either way there wasn't anything I knew to stop the pain. I just made sure I ate an abundance of food when I got them tightened because I knew I wasn't going to be able to eat later.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I always made sure to eat a lot before my appointment. I am so glad I have them off. Though I have a retainer now.

Blueyes

Registered Member
I stopped wearing all that and now mine are somewhat crooked again on the bottom. Don't care. My overbite is still there too. Don't care lol

Suck it up because there's nothing you can do about it. Unless it's piercing through your mouth flesh with sharp points, don't go back to the orthodontist.

Don't get this wrong because I've had my share of pain with braces. I have to wear a retainer these days but I just got lazy and don't wear them anymore.

CBNJ

Registered Member
Just stop thinking about it, the pain will go away. It's worth it once you get them off, having straight teeth.