• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Is there a difference between Work and Job?

RJ-Cool

"Expect the unexpected"
The terms 'work' and 'job' are certainly very similar, and some people would say they are one in the same..........some say, there is difference.

What do you think? Is there a difference between Work and Job?
If yes, What is the difference?

Last edited:

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
Not between Job and work...:-/

Both can be either negative or positive depending on someones experience....

JessEpiphany

Registered Member
I'm not sure if there is a difference. *shrugs*

I've been told that there is a difference between a job and a career though.
I would say that both a job and a career require "work" :)

dDave

V.I.P.
I use them interchangeably, I don't see why anybody would think that there's a difference.

It's like car and automobile, they're the same thing.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I don't see a difference. But I agree with what someone said earlier...there is a difference in career/job.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I use it interchangeably although in here work (travail) and "job" (we actually use the English word) are different in the sense that the former is more serious and leads to a career and the latter is like a part time or low paying thing like McJob.

Impact

V.I.P.
I guess there can be a difference. I use the word 'work' for a whole heap of things. The obvious one, in relation to working at your job, but then students are doing work, gardening is work too. But then, I use job, only in relation to my job. I hope that make sense.

RJ-Cool

"Expect the unexpected"
There is somewhat of a difference between work and job. A job is a particular task that people do to earn money (salary, wage etc.) and when you work, you spend time and effort doing a task that needs to be done (no money involved for e.g. homework, chores etc.).
If you are paid for the work that you do it would be classified as a job.

faith1806

Registered Member
haha, i do not know there is a difference between Work and Job, so i think they have the same meaning in a certain sense

Daemonic

Registered Member
Work does not necessarily mean you get paid, but it can.

For example, you may do volunteer "work".