Is the WWE lacking technical wrestlers?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Do you believe the WWE is lacking technical wrestlers?

Personally I believe so, technical workers are so entertaining and unique. Right now the WWE don't have much of them, which is a real shame because it makes for some great matches. Just think of the Angle/Benoit matches back in the day. Now that was wrestling.

Right now, the best technical wrestler we have is Daniel Bryan. He definitely hasn't shown his full repertoire yet, but he will during his feud with The Miz, and I can't wait.

Last edited:
WWE is lacking everything: spot monkeys, cruiserweights, technical wrestlers, ect... All they got for them currently is hulky, generic wrestlers. No uniqueness between any new superstars.

What they need to do is push current superstars with wrestling (real wrestling) backgrounds into technical wrestlers. Not too many of them, just a healthy few. We don't want to get overcrowded with them.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
They really needs some technical wrestlers to emerge, Daniel Bryan is a good technical wrestler, and what ever happened to MVP they squashed that guy and he is a pretty decent technical wrestler. It seems like the WWE are either squashing or getting rid of technical wrestlers, Shelton Benjamin was awesome as well, he needs to go to TNA and feud with Angle.

Unity

Jedi Mind Tricks
Staff member
I wish they'd take a hint from TNA, you can really see some incredible technical wrestling on there every week...guys like Douglas Williams, Kurt Angle, AJ...I could probably name a ton.

The WWE has some that can do decent technical wrestling (I've seen some out of MVP in the past, Del Rio looks to be technical (from what I saw in his match highlights), Swagger definitely can as well...The problem is that people and there skills aren't featured with enough prominence as the guys that are bigger like Cena. To me it's somewhat comparable to Bret Hart during his rise, when a technical guy like him (outside of HBK) wasn't very common at the time.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I believe if the WWE used more technical wrestlers than it would bring in more watches. A lot of old WWE fans that switched to TNA or stopped watching in general loved The Bret Harts, the Kurt Angles, the Ricky Steamboats of the business.

Now unfortunately we don't see many of them which hurts the business in my opinion.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I don’t think the WWE is lacking any techincal wrestlers, they have a few like Daniel Bryan, Jack Swagger, MVP, Wade Barrett (although he’s more of an all-rounder), Chris Jericho and more recently Alberto Del Rio. I think the only problem is that the WWE isn’t using a lot of them properly. I think Jack Swagger has all the potential in the world. He’s actually talented enough to be the next Kurt Angle (he lacks the mic skills, but I’ll deal), but he’s stuck in these dead end storylines that don’t seem to be going anywhere. That’s really my problem with the WWE, they have a shit load of talented guys, but they’re so repetitve when it comes to the mainevent. Its like the same 7-8 guys that are consistantly in the spotlight, but I guess that’s a whole other thread.

Oh, and I totally agree with vILKY, the WWE needs to bring back the Cruiserweight Division.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
The WWE used to have a cruiserweight division, but it was extremely watered down, with only Mysterio, Eddie, Ultimo Dragon, and a few others like Kidman. WCW literally stole talent from AAA in mexico and made that cruiserweight division successful. It seemed like that every week you would see a new masked cruiserweight. That's what the WWE should do.