Wii Is The Wii Missing Something?

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
Man,

There are not many things for me that the Wii is missing, to me it's the ultimate gaming system. :nod:

There are a few things though that the Wii does not have the Xbox 360 and PS3 both have such as High Definition capabilities or the ability to play a movie.

Playing movies-XBOX 360 and PS3 can both play movies but recently Xbox got killed on that decision, I think that it was smart for Nintendo to stay out of that to avoid the obvious problems that Xbox will be facing.

High Definition-Sure the Wii doesn't have high definition but it is still way outselling it's competitors and the graphics are still pretty good, I think that they should have had an option but what they have is fine.

Other than that I can think of absolutely nothing that the Wii could possibly need more. (except for maybe a way to be able to have more files on every game. for some reason nintendo sees it as smart to make games to that there is a limited amount of files.)

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
If the Wii had better graphics, I'm sure it'd be selling much faster than it is now.

It could do without at DVD player. Wouldn't that make it bigger. Part of it's charm is its small size.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
What would be used instead of a DVD player?

Honestly, it needs more developers making good use of the motion sensitive controls. Remember those teaser trailers, showing how you could play your games? Developers need to embrace that. At the moment, I'm mostly seeing button-mashing converted to wiimote-waggling.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
If the Wii had better graphics, I'm sure it'd be selling much faster than it is now.
Wow, you think the fastest selling console ever would sell better if it had better graphics... its all about the gameplay!

DS was fastest selling since PS2 which had the worst graphics of its gen and the Wii is outselling both by leaps and bounds... GRAPHICS DONT MATTER!

SamusAran86

Registered Member
Till one company gives us both, we are screwed... once one does, they will make millions

right now its is one or the other

dont need DVD or HD/Bluray...

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
Graphics matter to a certain point but eventually you are spending your money for graphics that you will not even notice. The Wii really is all about the gameplay and I prefer using a DVD/Blu-Ray player anyway because the systems players are never quite as good anyway.

PB_Blaster

Registered Member
The games on the Wii suck. It was fun for the first hour but go ahead and try to find a game that really takes advantage of the controller. It sucks people and makes it seem fun but really it is nothing but a novelty that wears off in a few hours.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Actually any videogame can be considered a novelty. Just because you don't like the Wii doesn't mean that it's a novelty. In fact it's outselling XBOX 360 and PS3 so if you want to start talking about novelties...