Is the Tea Party good or bad?

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by MAgnum9987, Dec 18, 2009.

1. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

Now this is a multitude of a few ideas that have been bobbing around in my head:

Has the republican party moved too far to the left? Is this change good or bad?
    Is it what America needs or is it what it least needs? What does it say about the party?

Now, i see the Tea Party as the culmination of this left leaning republican movement. I sympathize with them, however, I'm not sure what to think about it. However, it is my modest opinion that come 2012, they will be the best party for the presidency. If they get the right candidate, they could be the best. Their is a movement in some parts of the republican party to go Ultraconservative (think Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck (HANG THEM btw). The other half is the Tea Party, however their are still some fence sitters in the party. I see this as a huge rift in the party, and it very well could mean the end of it. This also means a weakness of America. The Democratic party has no visible rifts at the moment, and with the republican party divided, they couldn't possibly get a majority win in the presidency, leaving America almost virtually a single party nation. This is a HUGE weakness.

But what are we supposed to do about it? With the current Democratic trends, such as huge spending (and thus taxation) and then huge regulations on our rights, it very well could lead to a change for the worst here. Is it bad? Not necesarrily, however, that doesn't make it right either.

What can the republican party do?

(I'll continue this later. Exhausted my fuel, so to speak)

2. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

You say there are no current rifts in the Democratic party which isn't 100% true. There is a difference of opinion between the ultra left, ie MoveOn and Howard Dean and the current administration. Mostly in regards to the healthcare bill. Some on the far left have been very critical of Obama and his handling of the bill so we'll see how that plays out.

I would say the Tea Party is good, but I feel that way generally about any political movement. It's good that people get involved and are disenfranchised with the status quo and seek change.