• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Is The Money Worth The Research?

ILuvChuzzles31

Registered Member
Should the US and Europe be spending all this money for the brain activity programs.
In the end is there anything more that can really be discovered that may not be known already?
Would you like to know about how your brain and nervous system works for all this money?
U.S. and Europe get their heads together

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Of course it's worth the money. New discoveries are being made all the time. The better we understand how the brain works, the better we can treat things like brain damage and mental illness, and there could be many other health-related benefits as well. That would only be the tip of the iceberg.

In terms of technology, we are moving closer and closer to a world where devices will be controlled by thought, and that is thanks in large part to our increasing understanding of the brain.

dDave

V.I.P.
In the end is there anything more that can really be discovered that may not be known already?
There is so much about the human brain that is unknown so I'm not sure I understand the question. The way I'm understanding it, the answer is a definite yes. I definitely think it's something we should continue to pour resources into. We may be able to discover cures for mental problems including alzheimers, schizophrenia, and a whole slew of other mental disorders.

In terms of technology, we are moving closer and closer to a world where devices will be controlled by thought, and that is thanks in large part to our increasing understanding of the brain.
That too.

Elanor

Registered Member
There is so much about the human brain that is unknown so I'm not sure I understand the question. The way I'm understanding it, the answer is a definite yes. I definitely think it's something we should continue to pour resources into. We may be able to discover cures for mental problems including alzheimers, schizophrenia, and a whole slew of other mental disorders.
I agree, the research is worth the money. And Dave has already pretty said what I was going to say. The human brain is possibly the organ scientists/Doctors know the least about. It is incredibly complex, and it needs careful research so that we can learn all we can. There are many disorders that can't be cured because we don't fully understand them, so the only course of action is to manage it as best as possible.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Of course it's worth the money. New discoveries are being made all the time. The better we understand how the brain works, the better we can treat things like brain damage and mental illness, and there could be many other health-related benefits as well. That would only be the tip of the iceberg.

^This

In fact, it might be the most important thing to spend money on. We're no where near knowing as much as we should about how the brain works.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Yes it totally is worth it. The more that scientists know about the brain the more epic things they can do like these.
FDA Approves First Bionic Eye for the Blind | Department of Energy
The 14-month-old girl who can hear for the first time | Mail Online

If scientists didnt know enough about how the brain works then there wouldnt be Bionic eyes for the blind or Cochlear implants for people that cant hear.
And theres lots of other health issues posted in this thread that could be fixed too. Its very important for scientists to know everything they can about how the brain works.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
The brain is the part of the body we understand the least about so I think its worth the money. So many disorders are associated with the brain. With this research maybe we can understand mental illness better and how to deal with brain injuries that effect so many people.

Our brains is what makes us unique but is the most complicated part of us.