Is the iPhone X Worth It

MissMe

Registered Member
With the hefty price-tag on the new iPhone X I just can't help but wonder if it's really worth it.? It's priced right at $1000 right now and apparently there is a wait to even get one.
So as far as features go this is about it.
Wireless charging - It is great but don't most Android phones have this feature?
Face ID - sounds pretty cool and futuristic but isn't it just as fast to unlock your phone with your thumb?
4K video - come on! That's just awesome and I have nothing to say about that one!
Waterproof - best feature for me! But again, other phones have this also.

What do you think? Worth the price? Or too much hype?

Impaired

Registered Member
$1000 for a phone? It is insane. Take that and buy a new $250 phone every year for 4 years, which is probably longer than you would have the X.

MissMe

Registered Member
$1000 for a phone? It is insane. Take that and buy a new $250 phone every year for 4 years, which is probably longer than you would have the X.
You are right 4 years is probably longer than you'd keep it. I don't understand why everyone gets that excited about the iPhones. I've had one and it's an awesome phone, I won't lie but it's not that great! I switch back and forth from Android to iPhone and it seems to me that that this latest iPhone is just catching up to the Android.

Last edited:

Impaired

Registered Member
You are 4 years is probably longer than you'd keep it. I don't understand why everyone gets that excited about the iPhones. I've had one and it's an awesome phone, I won't lie but it's not that great! I switch back and forth from Android to iPhone and it seems to me that that this latest iPhone is just catching up to the Android.
I had an iPhone - switched to Android when my upgrade was going to be $400. Upgraded to a $99 Android phone and have been on droid ever since.

My family all uses iPhones. They love them, however, they better not ask me for $1000. The answer is no.

Interis

Registered Member
I wonder what kind of madness Tim Cook and friends had when they decided on the price tag, but those who lined up at the stores for days just to get the X are the bigger questions. At this point, I don't think Apple is selling those features mentioned in the first post because those are already available on cheaper Android phones (with their audio jack intact). They are selling the chip and user experiences. That said, I don't understand why people would go for X with so many alternatives available unless they don't know what to do with their money or are simply Apple die-hard fans.

MissMe

Registered Member
I wonder what kind of madness Tim Cook and friends had when they decided on the price tag, but those who lined up at the stores for days just to get the X are the bigger questions. At this point, I don't think Apple is selling those features mentioned in the first post because those are already available on cheaper Android phones (with their audio jack intact). They are selling the chip and user experiences. That said, I don't understand why people would go for X with so many alternatives available unless they don't know what to do with their money or are simply Apple die-hard fans.
I will never understand why people stand in line for a full day just to get a phone. I know lots of people are die hard Apple fans and some are die hard Android fans. But come on $1,000 for a phone that you have to stand in line for overnight just sounds crazy!