• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

    Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Is the glass half full or half empty?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
The big question: Is the glass half full or half empty?

Votes are private. Feel free to say what you voted for if you want. :)
 

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
GLASS BOY
Do not try to predict the full or emptiness of the glass.
That is impossible. Instead, only
try to realize the truth.

NEO
What truth?

GLASS BOY
That there is no glass.

Neo nods, staring at the glass.

NEO
There is no glass.

GLASS BOY
Then you will see that it is not
the glass that is full or empty. It is only
yourself.
 

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Actually it's empty. It's empty because I'm drinking it and when it's done I need to fill it up again. Makes sense when you think about it. I mean what would be the point of looking at it as half full? What are you going to do, fill it up more? Then what? There's no where left to go. Unless you plan to overflow the glass and cause it to constantly overflow. But in that case, what the freak is the glass for in the first place? Why not just remove it and pour the liquid? It's a no brainer.
 

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I love your logic, man.

I put half full, because I never leave a glass sitting around half empty, I usually drink it first.
 

yooperchick

Registered Member
I say half full. I used to say half empty, but then I heard that it is more "optomistic" to say half full. In wanting to be more optomistic myself, I now say half full.

I'm not really sure it's working though. I can still be pretty pessimistic, and in those instances, I'm more likely to just make sure that my glass is empty by chugging it.
 

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
madgamer said:
I used to say half empty, but then I heard that it is more "optomistic" to say half full.
But that's just the thing. It's only optimistic because "they" SAY it's optimistic. And if you believe them, then you might answer that, but what if you felt differently? What if you believed differently? What if you could prove and make the case for something different and even show how something different is even better in some capacity? Then is not that to "optimistic"???
 

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
00vega said:
It's empty because I'm drinking it and when it's done I need to fill it up again. Makes sense when you think about it. I mean what would be the point of looking at it as half full? What are you going to do, fill it up more? Then what? There's no where left to go. Unless you plan to overflow the glass and cause it to constantly overflow.
Or...

It's full because I'm filling it and when it's done I need to drink it again. Makes sense when you think about it. I mean what would be the point of looking at it as half empty? What are you going to do, drink it more? Then what? There's no where left to go. Unless you plan to to drink nothing.

I say the glass is half full.
 

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Buckeye101 said:
Or...

It's full because I'm filling it and when it's done I need to drink it again. Makes sense when you think about it. I mean what would be the point of looking at it as half empty? What are you going to do, drink it more? Then what? There's no where left to go. Unless you plan to to drink nothing.

I say the glass is half full.

That makes no sense when you simply substitute the words. In fact, it can easily be answered.

I mean what would be the point of looking at it as half empty? What are you going to do, drink it more?
Yes.

Then what? There's no where left to go. Unless you plan to to drink nothing.
Sure there is. When it's empty you fill it up again. You were plan on doing this anyways, weren't you.....?

It's full because I'm filling it and when it's done I need to drink it again.
So if you were planning on filling it more when it's "half full" and drinking it again, then why not simply drink the second half and then filling it all the way back UP when it's all done? If you only plan on drinking half the cup everytime instead of a full glass, then why bother with that cup? Why not get a smaller cup that's half the size? Why bother always leaving an extra half of liquid in there that you're never going to drink?

pwned. ;)
 
Top