• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Is the Fed printing money to buy real estate?

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Fed looks at third round of easing - FT.com

Another round of printing new money? Using that created money to buy properties that are/will be foreclosed?

I wish I could print money and use it to buy foreclosed property.

What do you think?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I tried to look at your link but it says its only available to registered users or subscribers.

I couldn't read the thread so I don't know the story but if they keep printing money won't that devalue it? They seem to do that a lot and have been for a long time. (Not just under Obama) At some point will this practice back fire.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Oops, I guess you're not supposed to cut and paste the article.

Last edited:

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I've always thought the way out of the debt bomb will be:
1) Back the debt up with real estate.
2) Take over private IRA's and give the previous owners of them a set return every year.

I hope I'm wrong, but I see the us moving in that direction every day.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Things are getting more screwed up all the time and its been getting worse this last ten or so years. It would take a genius (or a miracle) to get this turned around and I don't see it happening no matter who is president.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Things are getting more screwed up all the time and its been getting worse this last ten or so years. It would take a genius (or a miracle) to get this turned around and I don't see it happening no matter who is president.
One of the things about the 2012 race that is hopeful for me is there is no savior running in 2012. Not sure if I can convey what I mean, but what I'm getting at is a savior figure is exactly what we don't need right now. A savior will come into these precarious times with a grand plan, asking all of us go join the movement and push forward. That was great in 1960 when Kennedy challenged us to go to the moon. It didn't work out so well in places like Italy and Germany at the turn of the century. When people are on edge and when people are hungry a savior will take us places we never thought we would go. There's no savior figure in 2012 and that's a good thing.

Ultimately I am the savior for my family. If we need food, we will grow it. If we need to be protected, I will protect us. The solutions are individual not collective.