Is Subtalk more popular than ever?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by English-Emo-Boy, Jul 29, 2009.

1. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

Okay so over the last few months I've recogninsed that Subtalk seems to be becoming ever more popular with the forumers than ever before.

Is that above statement true in your eyes true or aload of nonsense.

If it is true why do you think that subtalk is used so much and is it healthy for GF?

In my opinion I'd say that subtalk is being used more now than ever. Though I've been here only 18 months or so I've seen a strong progression in subtalk. I wouldn't say that subtalk is being used by more people, infact there is only about a dozen regular users but it's those same users that are creating more threads and posts than ever in that section.

Though I rarely use Subtalk, mainly because I don't have enough spare time or patients I feel that it's an essential part of GF, an area that allows it's users to 'release steam'.

That said I do find alot of it nonsense and balls but it seems to appeal to the forum.

2. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

No, because I haven't seen charts and diagrams suggesting such, therefore, it's not popular in the slightest.

3. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I think it's a lot more active than it was a year ago. I'm not a big fan of Sub-Talk to be honest. It's like random stuff in a chat. Maybe we're running out of good topics to discuss?

4. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

It probably is but I'm not in there often at all so I wouldn't know.

5. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

This happens to all forums. Eventually you get to a point where every possible debate, discussion and pondering has been exhausted. So, the only option is to start anew.

6. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

yeah I do agree that I've seen Subtalk get way more popular. I mean I'd almost be confident to take a guess that we probably have 2-3 new threads in ST for every 1 thread anywhere else on the forum every day.

I have no personal issues with ST, I think that we have progressed and established ourselves enough that alot of the Drama that used to erupt from ST is pretty much done now. I'm not saying its absolutely gone, but I would definitely make a statement saying that I personally see less "hurt feelings" coming out of ST in the past month or three.

Oooh_snap and Millz like this.
  7. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I haven't noticed the surge of people posting in there, mainly spamming posts and threads when people get bored I notice lol.

8. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

It's a fun place. It's my goal and the goal of others unnamed to have subtalk rise above everything else and slowly take over the forum.

It's working. You guys make threads about it all the time.

9. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I agree. lolasaurus Bliss is a great forum. I am so excited to see people posting in this great forum. I hope that they continue to stay and enjoy this great forum.

Now I'm going to hear it from people who disapprove of me posting a spammish reply in GD. *sigh*

Millz and Major like this.
  10. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

General Forum. We have nonsense and balls.

Not to knock anyone, because there's no one person guiding the trend, but I've noticed that the people with the really cracking senses of humor are never the ones to malign ST. Seems to me that some people like two sugar lumps in their oolong, and others just don't. Is it so hard for us to understand each other?

Millz likes this.