Is Sheamus the right choice?

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Millz, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

Sheamus has valted onto the scene...very much like Brock Lesnar as someone else mentioned.

Should MVP, Ziggler, and Swagger be pissed or happy? It seems like the WWE is pushing the younger guys so this might be a happy sign of things to come.

But back onto Sheamus; he's the WWE Champion right now. Is it too soon? Was it the right move? How soon will he drop the title?

I think he should fight Orton and beat Orton. Then lose the belt. Surely he cannot be champion heading into Wrestlemania 26.

Kratzenkov16 likes this.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Simple answer yes.

I think it's way to soon to put the title on Sheamus, like I mentioned in another thread usually wrestlers don't win the World Champion on their first try, and most of them win a secondary belt before.

He hasn't proved anything to anyone in my opinion, he hasn't put in his time like a lot of wrestlers have done. If I was MVP I would be extremely mad.

I don't see him having a long title reign, maybe a bit more then a month or so. I believe he'll lose it to Orton.

Kratzenkov16 likes this.
  3. Unity

Unity Chett Chetterfield Staff Member

I'm happy with Sheamus. Pushing someone so soon is refreshing, but he's been around long enough that it's not ludicrus to see him with the WWE Title. He has the skill to back it up, as well. Let's not forget that they've given The Great Khali the World Heavyweight Championship. This is a much better scenario.

Would I have been happier with Swagger? Maybe. But given what we were given, this is exciting and new. I'm a big fan of Sheamus...I can picture him losing the title in a month, with this being just a gesture of things to come. I guess you never know, though.

Kratzenkov16 likes this.
  4. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

I think Sheamus is the right choice, but possibly at the wrong time.

Like i said in another thread, if WWE wanted to create a new main eventer, people like MVP, Swagger, Ziggler etc. have spent too long on the midcard scene, and spending too much time jobbing or just doing nothing, to suddenly beat John Cena out of nowhere. It wouldn't make any sense. Their pushes would need to be much more gradual because they've been stuck in the midcard scene, and because WWE missed the opportunity to make some of them main event stars when they had the chance (like at times when MVP was really over with the crowd) so their legitimacy as main eventers takes a bit of a knock. Sheamus on the other hand has nothing but momentum behind him and because of that i think he's a much more legitimate world champion than any of those other midcard stars at the moment.

However i think it might be the wrong time because i don't think WWE have the balls to put Sheamus main eventing at the Royal Rumble or Wrestlemania. So i looks pretty obvious he's gonna have the title taken off him soon. And having the title taken off him so soon (and not having it during the whole road to Wrestlemania months) will be very damaging for his 'unstoppable' image. I think they should have let him run rampage through ECW for a few months, maybe win the title there, bring him onto RAW during the road to Wrestlemania, and THEN put the title on him after wrestlemania is over. He'd have an even longer streak behind him then and he'd be able to have a bit of a title reign.

Kratzenkov16 likes this.
  5. Anthony1975

Anthony1975 Registered Member

Here is something I want them to try explaining. Tribute to the Troops which was taped last week and will air next week over there, Cena was taped with the belt.

Kratzenkov16 likes this.
  6. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

they probably didn't want word to get out that Sheamus was gonna win the title. If they had taped Sheamus with the title then word would have got out and the huge surprise would have been ruined. I don't think anybody expected him to win so they'd want to keep it secret.

One interesting thing i've heard a lot of people saying is that the ending of the match was botched somehow. That Sheamus was meant to go through the a table on the outside of the ring. The video of the ending can be seen here (though it'll probably be taken down VERY soon!)

YouTube - Sheamus Wins the WWE Championship !!!!

it does look like that table on the outside was meant to play a part. I'm positive Sheamus was still meant to win (as the music etc. played straight away and there didn't seem to be any confusion), but maybe he was meant to fall through at the same time but the referee see Cena go through and announce Sheamus as the winner anyways. Or that he was meant to go through just afterwards so it was a close result. Cena also didn't seem to go through the table with full conviction. As if he saw Sheamus slip on the rope before he went through the table and tried to stop himself. It was an awkward ending to say the least.

I'm glad Sheamus didn't go through the table because i hate when they cheapen victories just to protect the image of an already established superstar, but i can see Cena winning the title again. Maybe tonight on RAW just like Kane vs Austin. That would also explain Cena having the title for the tribute to the troops thing. I really hope not though...

7. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

It's not his time to be honest....he needs to work for it, which in my opinion he hasn't.

There are far more deserving wrestlers in my opinion, but I'm glad that there is a new champion regardless. I was getting tired of the same old people winning the title month after month, so I'd like to see where this goes.

Kratzenkov16 likes this.
  8. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

Sheamus was booked to win the match. I don't think there's any need for a conspiracy theory for this one.

Look, Sheamus' record is like 18-2 this year. He lost to Goldust via pin (yes) and Benjamin via DQ. He's a very good wrestler and is solid on the mic. He's only been around since June 30th, 2009 so its a quick rise to the top. Ala Brock Lesnar.

Like Unity I would have preferred Swagger or someone who paid their dues more. I mean Sheamus has been on FCW for a while; that means something.

We'll see how it goes. I don't anticipate a long title run and its something different. We've all been asking for something like this so we should just love it while we've got it!

9. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

Love it or leave it lol....we all hate Sheamus as the champion, but at least there's somewhat of a change going on, and yes you're right it's better to just accept it and move on hehe.

10. Kratzenkov16

Kratzenkov16 Registered Member

in a word? no, he's not the right choice.

but any choice is better then the same ole shit