is Shane Carwin Bad for the UFC?

Discussion in 'Boxing / MMA' started by icegoat63, Mar 31, 2010.

1. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Carwin is a bad ass... he's going to make Lesnar look like a goon in their more than evident upcoming Bout.

But the thing about Carwin that most people dont know is that he doesnt do this Full Time...

So this kinda cracks me up... I mean here's Lesnar in the same article shit talks Carwin and then in the same breath shows he's scared of him:

I cant stand Lesnar and I wanna see him destroyed. If theres one guy I believe that can do that... its Shane Carwin. I see this as being one of the best Heavy Weight Bouts in UFC history.

But then you still gotta stop and think about that... How can I be so confident about that when Heres a guy like Brock Lesnar, training full time professionally for a Bout in July....against Carwin who will train part Time, work a full time Job, Be a full time Dad, and still have enough ability to scare Lesnar...

What do you think? Does Carwin make it look to easy?

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Carwin is good, he's had an impressive start in the UFC, but I don't see him standing a chance against Lesnar. We haven't seen a 100% healthy Brock and that right there is a scary thought.

I don't believe it's going to be a one sided match, but I believe Brock will wrap up the victory by round two. He's just to strong and more powerful than Carwin in my opinion.

3. icegoat63

Start? How about Career? :hah:

How long can we hide behind the "we haven't seen a 100% Brock Lesnar" argument? He's 4-1 now... Carwin is 12-0

You could pull the "well Carwin's opponents aint shit in comparison to Lesnars!"

is that so? Because the only recognizable names that Lesnar has ever fought is Mir and Couture... Carwin has put down Mir and Gonzaga, plus 10 other Heavyweights. (7 Punching KO/TKO's 5 Submissions)

The other Argument is that Carwin doesn't have the wind to beat Lesnar... This is possible...but does he need it? In 12 Bouts Carwin averages 1.14 minutes into the first round... with the longest being Mir at 3:48 and the Shortest at a jaw breaking 22 seconds. Lesnar has never been up against ANYONE so strong in the first round. And 3 out of the 5 wins that he has came late in game. Round 2 is the only place that Lesnar can Beat Carwin...

But my question about a Lesnar vs. Carwin bout is, can Lesnar even survive the first round?

Oh and check this out.

Carwin isnt scared of Lesnars Size... in fact, it should be Lesnar thats afraid of Carwins size.

Lesnar comes in at 6'-3" / 265lb with a 4XL Glove Size
    Carwin comes in at 6'-4" / 265lb with a 5XL Glove Size

uh oh... looks like Lesnar isn't big man on Campus anymore :-o

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Did you hear about Lesnar's infection? He has had that for quite some time and he even said himself that he's never been 100% since joining the UFC.

I never said that Carwin has had a free ride since joining the UFC, because that's further from the truth, I just believe that Lesnar is stronger and more powerful even though they're the same size. I don't think Lesnar is scared at Carwin at all, he's looking forward to the challenge in my opinion, and he'll prove to everyone that he belongs in the UFC and he's one of the best.

icegoat63 likes this.
  5. icegoat63

Oh I've heard about it.... And I'm not saying he's lying. But come on, I cant stand hearing people (especially Champions) pulling this "I'm not 100%" Thats bullshit, I mean come on... He's touting around the Heavyweight belt. Its just stupid to me, I mean it seems like thats been his story non-stop. This "Oh yeah! You just wait 'till I'm 100%!!!" That same ol' story is getting old IMO.

Its gonna be a good fight, thats what its gonna boil down to. Because I honestly dont believe either of them is stronger than the other. But I believe Carwin is much more skilled and will mop the Octagon with Lesnars Limp Body.

Off hand, I'd say I dont believe he is either. I mean Lesnar is a spooky dude, you couldn't pay me enough to get on the same mat with him :hah:

Lesnar's only loss was to Frank Mir, that Leg Lock that he fell right into. Lesnar called it a cheap win for Mir while the Commentators called it a Big Mistake by Lesnar. Thing is... I'd love to see Carwin Submit Lesnar, one of those flat out brutal overpowering Guillotine Chokes that he's good at. Then have Lesnar Pull the "Quit being a puss and stand toe to toe with me!" cry again like he did with Mir...

But I do think he's scared of Carwin in the long run, because Carwin is the only guy in the UFC that stands a chance at making Him look like a fool and he knows that.

And will do so only training Part time......:eyebrow:

I dont wanna make any bets yet... but you bet buddy... when the Fight Card is officially announced with a Lesnar vs. Carwin... we'll put some Chips on it ;)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  6. storm_ina_C_cup

storm_ina_C_cup Registered Member

No way!
    Granted, he may be a family man and work full time but it has been proven time and time again that he can handle all his personal responsibilities, yet, still follow his passion and do something he absolutely loves which is fight professionaly in the Octagon. He has a flawless MMA record- it's obvious that he can multi-task. ;)

I am sooo looking forward to their upcoming fight in July- I cannot stand Brock Lesnar and I would LOVE to see Carwin take the H.W. belt away from him and if there is ANYONE who can do it, it's Shane Carwin.