• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PlayStation 2 Is SC3 any good?

dk_rare

Registered Member
After the shocking news that SC3 would be a PS3 exclusive (even AFTER it sold best on the Cube) I was shocked. But now that I see the game on the store shelves, I would just like to know, is it any good? I am a huge fan of SC1, a very big fan of SC2 (Cube), I'm just wondering if Sony's cheque book buys quality as well as exclusivity.

Gamechamp

Registered Member
I've only played a demo, but from that I think it's a great game. Especially the character creation. I only got a small taste, but you could still make hundreds of different characters.

Pianobone

Registered Member
Exclusive? Crap... rant coming on.... can't... stop it.....

That really pisses me off that Sony got an exclusive to Soul Calibur. However, it makes complete sense that the Cube version sold the most, Link is by far much more popular than Spawn or the whats-his-name from the PS version.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Yay, I get to rant.

First off, Sony had to have paid out of their asses for that exclusive. It was best on the cube because of the fluidity and the controller was great for the game.

This game is a disgrace to the Soul Calibur series. I'm no fghting game fan, but the first two were great. I had tons of fun playing through and clearing out the games. The fighting was awesome, and the graphics were great. Unfortunatly, that's all SC3 is.. graphics.

The fighting is nowhere near the level that two was. There's no flow to the fights. Even Kilik, one of the fastest, was horribly slow. There was a pause inbetween combos and moves because it seems like the PS2 can't take combos while one combo is being performed. Bad idea.

Also, blocking sucks in this game. If I block high, they hit mid. If I block low, they hid mid. There's no effective mid blocking, and it makes any kind of blocking in this game utterly useless. The new characters are unoriginal and don't flow with the series well at all.

I'm glad I didn't have to pay for this game, bercause it's CRAP.

[/rant]

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
Its only exclusive on this gen. It is coming to the rev and the 360. I have wanted to play it, but dont have a PS2. I can imagine it is ok, but will be better on teh other systems.

dk_rare

Registered Member
I think I will stick with SC2 on my Cube. I just can't imagine playing SC on the ps2 pad, I think it is because of my love affair with the Dreamcast triggers. Plus Link was awesome.

I am just very, VERY angry that this happened, it completely goes against everything Sony has done to try and dismis Nintendo as a competitor.

And Suba, SC3, Sony, blocking... *dk_rare vomits violently with rage*

unrealphantasy3

Registered Member
sc3 is supposed to bge a crazy awesome game with a really deep create-a-character feature, although it does lack online play.
PSM gave it 10/10 which is kind of a rarity with them.
hope this helps.
btw if you miss Link you could just make him with the create-a-fighter
I've seen Dante, Vergil, Solid Snake, Meryl Silverburgh, Kazuya, Cloud Strife, Sephiroth, Obi-Wan (circa ep. 3), and Anakin (circa ep. 3) made with this feature, so don't worry about th lack of Link.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I'm not surprised that a PS only game got a 10/10 in PSM.

unrealphantasy3

Registered Member
lol yeah i know i'll see what ign says. really, though, I've played it, and it is an awesome fighter. btw I also made link, cloud strife and solid snake with the create-a-character mode, and let me tell you, link looks extremley accurate, I just have to unlock some more hats cause the one I have picked isn't long enough.