Is racism ever justified?

So is it?

• Only on rare occassions

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Just a basic question I wanted to ask everyone, in light of a peculiar debate I had with my brother last night. Is racism in any kind of form ever justified?

I know the poll is almost unanimously gonna be one answer but anyway....on with the discussion.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Racism is a simpleton's way of grouping people based on the actions of a minority.

Racism is never justified as a serious act, but is still great societal comedy nonetheless.

padd

Registered Member
To many ethnic and racial mixes in society can cause racial friction, hands down. Pretty soon we're all gonna have to be watching our shoulders every 2 seconds.

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
padd said:
To many ethnic and racial mixes in society can cause racial friction, hands down. Pretty soon we're all gonna have to be watching our shoulders every 2 seconds.
The road to progress is a rocky one, but eventually Americans learned to tolerate even the Irish. True story.

padd

Registered Member
The road to progress is a rocky one, but eventually Americans learned to tolerate even the Irish. True story.
Well 1st of all do not brand me off as a racist.. I think tolerating Irishmen and Italian men was easier for the American pioneers.. well, you're talking about what, the 19th century? now we have a ship load of a world full of races landing in the USA.. let alone ethnic backround!

the Asians, the Arabs, the Indians, the Africans, the Carribeans, the Hispanics! hell.. Add Pacific Islander in that list, whatever the fuck it is! Demographics have never hit the roof like this. It took a century to tolerate the Irish (Irishmen are white, which I belive is the reason it didn't take 2 centuries) how long would it take for the Europeans who robbed this land from the Indians to accept all these many colors, Black, Brown, Yellow. How long before racial tension comes to a close for good. Or the better question wpuld be. How long before everyone can get along.. and by that I mean, to each his own norm.

It's not going to happen in our life time buddy, you see it on the news.. if not closer to home.. youtube!

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
padd said:
It's not going to happen in our life time buddy, you see it on the news.. if not closer to home.. youtube!
As long as it happens eventually. How does any of this justify racism, btw?