• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PlayStation 3 is playstation3 too expensive

neum985

I pwn noobs
I think the PS3 is obv. overpriced but its almost worth it to buy for some of the new games. I would say buy the 360 but they dont have the FF series and thats why i choose the PS3 over the Wii (which is for 12 year olds) and the 360 for only the FF series

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
You can get a 120 gig hard drive on the 360 Elite with HDMI cables and it would still cost less than a PS3. And it comes with two games.

And FFXI came out in the first month or two after the 360's launch. I'm sure we'll see more by the end of it's life. Oblivion and Mass Effect easily beat out the FF series, though, in terms of quality.

neum985

I pwn noobs
Yeah i do really like the Elderscrolls series but I have them for my computer since thats where i spend most of my gaming time. And yeah FF is repeditive with the battle system. but it changed with FFXII so I think if it keeps improving the battle system that no game RPG wise will be able to touch it and it will once again become the premier RPG.

Doc

V.I.P.
it will once again become the premier RPG.
You're not going to be the best by being on only one system. The best, and best selling games, will always be cross-platform. FF won't be an elite game again until it goes fully cross-platform and can appeal to a range of gamers.

neum985

I pwn noobs
A game does not have to be on every platform to be an elite game. Granted it would sell alot more copies but just because it wouldnt sell as much as another game doesnt mean that the game is not the same or a hight quality.

Doc

V.I.P.
I was talking about RPGs, and making a blind statement. Damn you calling my bluffs.