• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PlayStation 3 is playstation3 too expensive

murderbyWIImote

Registered Member
thats my point exactly, i dont care about having blu ray or hd dvd. exactly why it'll be a while till i even consider a PS3. i mean ive been hardcore gamer since i was like 4 with my NES and Sega. $600 is a lot of cash though

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's funny because gaming systems were going down in price for a while but with the latest generation it seems the laws of technology pricing vs cost have been broken. Computers are getting cheaper. Electronics are getting cheaper. Gaming consoles on the other hand are getting much more expensive... I wonder what types of prices we will see with the NEXT gen consoles in a few years..

sndmn23

It is expensive, but I got mine for free.

[link to pyramid scheme removed]

It was easy, too.

Last edited by a moderator:

FourSuits

True Blue Australian
yeah the PS3 is really expensive. $999:-o but considering that it is a awsome bluray player and it preforms better then some other bluray players it is quite a good deal. + awsome games.:p

Gwiz

Registered Member
The PS3 is way overpriced. It might be a good deal if you purchase it as a Blu Ray player however, I doubt people would buy it for that now since the Blu Ray market is still unstable and the technology isn't quite develop yet. However, the PS3 is superior in many of all areas of a game console in comparison to the Xbox 360 and the wii. I doubt the price of the PS3 will drop anytime soon but with the struggles of sales, you will never know. THe last time I check, Sony is losing money on every console sold and by dropping prices, they will be more in the red. Furthermore, the games aren;'t that impressive. I think Sony should make a PS3 without the blu-ray player and sell it for $400. That I would consider purchasing.

BigBrotha

In terms of video game consoles, yeah it is too expensive. Its the most expensive console on the market today. But not compared to a lot of other things. Think of all of the hd televisions and all of the other pricey electronics people are buying these days. Most people today have at least a 1,500-2,000 dollar hd tv in their homes, but complain that the ps3 is too expensive. I don't get it :shake:

Soboredtoday

i am not a rich person at all, and i just saved my money for like three months with a part time job to get my ps3, i still havent regreted it and i have almost had it a year now..

dmny500

Registered Member
It is high for a gaming console but if you think about what you get then it's not high. For it to be cheaper they would have to take some important features away that other systems don't have. So no I don't think it's too expensive.

CaliforniaSteve

Registered Member
Hmm...tough question.... YES!!! Hell yes, its very very overpriced. I was considering getting one, but Im not paying that much for a system that has so few games.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
The problem with PS3 is that they went for being the very best. With technology you can't be the best without costing the most. I mean honestly if you want an INCREDIBLE gaming PC you can spend $10,000. Would even the most avid gamers do this? I highly doubt it. Even though spending more usually means you are getting better hardware, most people aren't able or willing to spend over a certain amount.