PlayStation 3 is playstation3 too expensive

i agree, but there is a way to cut the price off which bring secondhand playstation 2 and some old games to exchange a brand new playstation3 with approximately 200 bucks off

that's definitely true. It's the same story as PS2.
the price drops a lot after a few months or even years. And then the slim version appears... Apparently, the slim versions are less expensive than the original versions. But, the difference in the prices are so close.

I can't bare to wait longer... :shake:

Yes it is too expensive, but you can get them as gifts from relatives which happened to us. Our family sent us the games to enjoy.

wazupdoc

Registered Member
Yeah, it's too expensive but you can, as mentioned, do a trade in. I work around some of the cost using Gamefly instead of buying games which helps a lot. Again, trading in your old console and games toward a new one is a good option to drive the price down. Check eBay as well. Probably aren't many huge discounts there but every now and then something pops up. If I'm hell bent on buying a game I can get it cut rate through my Gamefly account too. Signing up with a game rental service saves you a lot of cash. Particularly since you're dropping $50/$60 on games you'll probably make it through in 9 hours or so. Way better to rent.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well, it may be too expensive but they are selling them and people are buying so I doubt they will lower the price anytime soon unfortunately.

$600 for a gaming system doesn't make sense to me though. I'd rather put $600 into my computer because I use that much more often and I'll probably keep this same computer for several more years.

murderbyWIImote

Registered Member
ps3 is actually a really good deal considering the price of a blu ray player. especially when you look at the price of the new 360 once you add on an HD DVD. Plus PS3 doesnt just burn out and stop working like oh so many 360's. microsoft needs to get their act togther. its still too expensive for my liking though, so i dont plan on getting PS3 for quite some time. im stickin with the wii. Nintendo's always gonna be at the top of the mountain.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well that's a good point if you planned to get a Blu-Ray player anyway. If you just want to play games though then $600 seems a bit high. Sure the games are Blu-Ray so the technology behind the PS3 is going to cost more, but if you are happy with 360 or Wii then I can see why many people will avoid the PS3 for now.

It is probably awesome to have such giant games but I think the PS3 could be a bit ahead of its' time. It seems that PS3 is selling just fine though but I doubt the casual gaming crowd has gotten too attached to it. Hardcore gamers certainly are all over it and with good reason. It's easily the most powerful gaming console on the market right now.