Is Owens a Hall of Famer

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Babe_Ruth, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I wanted to start a little debate here. Owens never won the Super Bowl, his stats speak for themselves but he's also been a bad teammated on every team he's been on.

In your mind do you believe Owens is a Hall of Fame player?

2. Aaron10

Aaron10 New Member

He has to be a Hall of Famer. I hate T.O. but he has been one of the most productive WR's of all time. He dominated the position for so many years, you really can't say that he isn't a Hall of Famer. Yes, he never has won a Super Bowl, but neither did Dan Marino. He has been a bad teammate and a royal jerk, but nobody ever said you had to be well liked to be in the Hall of Fame.

3. Babe_Ruth

Totally agree with you, Owens is close to the list in all time touchdowns, he's now currently sixth in all time receptions. He's been an amazing player since joining the 49ers. I'm a huge fan of Owens, and I'll be the first one to admit that he's been a cancer to a few teams, but he still got the job done in the end. Personally, there's no doubt in my mind that he belongs in the Hall of Fame.

I still believe that he has some left in the tank as well, just needs a better quarterback throwing him the ball.

4. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

His long list of TD celebrations and emotional outbursts ("thats my quarterback lol) have made football so much funnier.

5. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Although I think he is a shitty human being and that his career is beginning to wind down, yes, he belongs in the Hall of Fame. His accomplishments alone should get him there. Like BR posted, he ranks high in the more important stat categories for a WR.

I still hate him though, I hope he gets traded to the Lions. Ha.

6. Babe_Ruth

Don't want to go off topic, but I think if the Lions had Owens next season that would help them a lot. They have a great young quarterback in Straford that is going to lead this team somewhere in the next few seasons, they also have one of the most talented receivers in Calvin Johnson. It's only a matter of time till this guy is considered one of the best in the NFL.

7. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

Yes I believe Owens belongs in the HOF. He was as dominant a receiver as anyone in the era he played in and has amazing stats. I was glad Dallas dumped him, I hate him on my team, but the dude was very very good.

8. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Last time I checked the Hall of Fame still admitted pricks.

9. FuglyStick

FuglyStick New Member

Unfortunately, yes. (40 characters is too long :stare:)