IS over weight a problem ?

Seeing many peoples having weight over than their body mass index, will it create any problem for them in future.Seeing most of them are happy with their figure .....Actually there is anything to worry ?

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yes, your heart works so much harder to pump blood throughout your body if you are overweight. Your risk of a heart attack, among countless other ailments is greatly increased if you are overweight.

Yes, there is a cause for concern. A large portion of the time, weight issues are caused by malnutrition. Someone can be as pleased as they want to be about their "plus sized figure," but if they aren't getting all of the required vitamins, nutrients, and the like then they are in risk. That's not even taking into consideration the various potential health risks associated with being overweight (diabetes, heart failure, etc...)

Being happy with your personal appearance is a good thing, but if it stands in the way of you taking steps to preserve your health, then it's just stupidity as far as I'm concerned.

AmandaBB

Registered Member
Absolutely.
It forces your body to work a lot harder then it should which causes a lot of problems like the above mentioned heart problems but also joint problems and stuff.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Possible health consequences of obesity include

High blood cholesterol, dyslipidemia
Insulin resistance, glucose intolerance
Congestive heart failure
Cholescystitis and cholelithiasis
Gout
Osteoarthritis
Some types of cancer (such as endometrial, breast, prostate, and colon)
Complications of pregnancy
Poor female reproductive health (such as menstrual irregularities, infertility, irregular ovulation)
Bladder control problems (such as stress incontinence)
Psychological disorders (such as depression, eating disorders, distorted body image, and low self- esteem)

Hiei

The Hierophant
Just because someone is happy with being fat it doesn't mean that their body is happy with them being fat. There are absolutely no pro's to being overweight. None at all. Well, maybe that you can tolerate the cold better, but that's only because you have more insulation.

There are so many health problems with being fat that it's unreal that people are ok with it.

And personally, I don't like to look at fat people. They disgust me and all I can think is "How the hell did you let yourself get that big?"

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Just because someone is happy with being fat it doesn't mean that their body is happy with them being fat. There are absolutely no pro's to being overweight. None at all. Well, maybe that you can tolerate the cold better, but that's only because you have more insulation.

There are so many health problems with being fat that it's unreal that people are ok with it.

And personally, I don't like to look at fat people. They disgust me and all I can think is "How the hell did you let yourself get that big?"
I couldn't agree with you more. Just because someone is happy with being fat it doesn't mean that their body is happy with them being fat - that'sa great way to put it, too.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I couldn't agree with you more. Just because someone is happy with being fat it doesn't mean that their body is happy with them being fat - that'sa great way to put it, too.
I look at actors like Kevin James and I can't help but think that one day we'll see a report that he had a heart attack and died or something. It's a shame because it happens over and over again without fail and people continue to not worry about it.

YouTube - Late Show - Kevin James Weighs In

Last edited:

jackie861

Registered Member
Not only that it is being reported in the news how the risk heart attack in women ere on the rise. Lately I've seen a lot of women (mature women & younger ones) are carrying extra fat around the mid-section.

This extra stored belly fat can easily lead to a heart attack. A little thing like a daily walk over time will help to eliminate of the problems of being overweight

--Jackie

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Seeing many peoples having weight over than their body mass index, will it create any problem for them in future.Seeing most of them are happy with their figure .....Actually there is anything to worry ?
A lot of people are tossing around terms like 'overweight' and 'obese' but they're different levels of being fat. Being a few pounds over your expected body weight is not going to hurt you, but being 20-30+ pounds overweight can begin to tax your body.

There are no guarantees that excess weight or being obese will harm you, but it certainly raises your chances.