Is Obama's administration out of touch with reality?

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I saw this quote today. It's been circulating around the internet and I have no clue who originally said it but I found it interesting enough and worthy of discussion.

Let me get this straight......we're trying to pass a health care plan written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it but exempts themselves from it, to be signed by a president that also is exempt from it and hasn't read it and who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke.

What the hell could possibly go wrong?
Thoughts? Is Obama's administration out of touch with reality or is the person who said the above quote just using scare tactics?

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Yes I do think the administration is out of touch with reality. I'm very eager to see just how this Act is not going to throw us further in debt but actually relieve some debt. I'm expecting to see some really fuzzy math soon.

Sim

Registered Member
Assuming what the quote said is true, it's a trend in American politics: When the Patriot Act passed in 2001, most members of Congress had not read it either. So either there has been a tendency of the executive pushing for laws so hard the legislative doesn't really debate or even read it, or the legislative is doing a really bad job -- regardless of party affiliation.

And no, I don't think that any of the involved politicians is obese has any meaning whatsoever.

At any rate, people can no longer claim Obama is "just talking, but doing nothing". If you agree with it or not, at least he IS doing something, and gets something done -- a reform of the health care system has failed many times in the last few decades, and this one passed.

Also, Obama can no longer claim to "unite" the people. He has become a very polarizing figure. If he is to blame for his controversial decisions, or if the opposition is to blame, because of obstructionism and refusal to accept offers for compromise, is a different question. No matter if it's because Obama takes controversial decisions, or because the opposition leaves him no choice to do so -- he is polarizing.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
I don't know if the administration is out of touch with reality, but I do believe they are out of touch with the will of the governed. But I don't think that they care as I feel they think that they know what is best and are intent on implementing their plan for what they feel is best for the citizens regardless how these citizens feel about it. Obama did promise to fundamentally change the US and is going about it full speed ahead, damn the torpedos. It should be no suprise really as his associates, rhetoric, past should have been a clear indication of his intent to anyone who cared to get past the main stream media adoration of him and their abandonment of any objective journalism during the run up to the election.

@ Sim: I wonder what "offers of compromise" are you referencing? Empty rhetoric? or the compromise of "you can join us or be shut out of the process"? If you are aware of any true bipartisan initiatives supported by the current administration please let me know as I can not recall a single one.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I don't know if the administration is out of touch with reality, but I do believe they are out of touch with the will of the governed.
Since when the hell has the government been in touch with what the people want?

:lol:

Argeebee

Registered Member
a reform of the health care system has failed many times in the last few decades, and this one passed.

:shake:Yes he passed healthcare reform but the only reason that horrible bill passed is they didn't let the Republicans vote on it!:shake: