• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Is Novak the best Tennis player today?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've been watching a lot of Novak since I saw him live in August 2010. Since the start of January Novak has won 37 straight games and beat Nadal twice in that time on Clay, where Nadal usually dominates.

He's on a real hot streak right now, and the French Open will be a big test for him.

So in your opinion, do you think Novak is the best player in the World right now?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Right now I venture to say, yes, yes he is. The point you made about him beating Nadal is very true. Federer isn't the same player as he once was. I'd still say those three players are the top 3 but if you're asking me who's the best right now then you've gotta go with Novak.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Djokovic will never be the greatest player but right now, he is dominating, ATP tournaments mean jackshit if you can't win a Grand Slam apart from Aussie Open.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
My friend is gaga over him. And because of that, I kept noticing all her updates about Novak wins and as of late, it's impressive. Let's see how he does in Roland Garros.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
He is the best currently, yes, but not overall. Nadal is currently the best in world, from what I have seen.

Novak is the second best out there, at least third best.

shelgarr

Registered Member
Nope. Nadal is even though Novak just beat him again at a tournament in Italy. I'm still having trouble admitting that the best of Federer may be over.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
If Novak wins the French Open which will be hard task in it's own right then I think he moves to the number one spot. He's playing to good right now to not give it to him.

He's definitely better than Federer at this point and time, and I would listen to a good argument that Nadal has an edge on him right now.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I think that the BIGGEST test for Djokovic will be next season is defending all the titles that he has won so far (and yet to win) especially if he gets that number 1 spot.

shelgarr

Registered Member
If Novak wins the French Open which will be hard task in it's own right then I think he moves to the number one spot. He's playing to good right now to not give it to him.

He's definitely better than Federer at this point and time, and I would listen to a good argument that Nadal has an edge on him right now.
The argument I would use is that Nadal has longevity whereas Novak doesn't. Let's see if he can maintain. Nadal has the big shots when he needs them...and the mental strength to move on to the next point.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
The argument I would use is that Nadal has longevity whereas Novak doesn't. Let's see if he can maintain. Nadal has the big shots when he needs them...and the mental strength to move on to the next point.
I think longevity point is a valid point since Nadal has been a better player for a longer stretch.

I just think right now you can make a case for Novak but that all changes if Nadal wins the French Open.